GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's this tool?!?

Uomo

Ξ ι lιĸe вιɢ &
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Hi gents
I have this tool (see pic) that's been in my tool box for many years but I could never figure out wtf it is or what it's for...
Hope someone can help.
Thanks in advance.:bow:

(P.S. it's not a can opener, beer cap opener)

Duster117

Ready to race!
funny looking tool u got there

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
tire iron for a bicycle. you use it to pry the tire of the rim and the little opening hooks on a spoke to hold it while you put the next one on eventually you are able to peel the tire off the rim.

That style is pretty old. I know because I am very old and used to have a set just like that when I strarted riding road bikes over 40 years ago, looks very much like the set I bought back then.

yeah. you need three of them, and that one hasn't been deburred.

throw it away. all it's truly good for is puncturing bicycle inner-tubes.

Uomo

Ξ ι lιĸe вιɢ &
Car(s)
Golf GTI
Thanks for your reply GIACUser, I am really glad u are on the forum to identify the tool for me, the pic u attached is really helpful. And u are right, the tool is pretty old, at least 20+yrs, it was in a tool box my dad bought before he passed and I been reluctant to throw it away cos I never could figure out what it's for lol.

tire iron for a bicycle. you use it to pry the tire of the rim and the little opening hooks on a spoke to hold it while you put the next one on eventually you are able to peel the tire off the rim.

That style is pretty old. I know because I am very old and used to have a set just like that when I strarted riding road bikes over 40 years ago, looks very much like the set I bought back then.

Uomo

Ξ ι lιĸe вιɢ &
Car(s)
Golf GTI
yeah. you need three of them, and that one hasn't been deburred.

throw it away. all it's truly good for is puncturing bicycle inner-tubes.

Yes bro, I agree, I think I'll just throw them away...now I know what they are for . Everytime I see them I think I should just throw them away but in the back of my head I keep thinking what if it's a really important attachment for another tool.