GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any other Nomorobo users?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Does anyone else here use Nomorobo? It is the winner of the FTC's Robocall Challenge, and is intended to stop telemarketing calls and keep them from leaving messages on your answering machine / voice mail.

I recently signed up for Nomorobo (it's free) and added my home phone number (Verizon FiOS) to their service. My cell phone number (AT&T Wireless) unfortunately can't be added, but the vast majority of the spam calls are on my landline anyway. Both my numbers are on the FTC's Do Not Call List and I report violations religiously, but this has done nothing to stop the telemarketers.

In order to use Nomorobo, your phone provider has to offer the simultaneous ring feature, and you need to configure it to call Nomorobo's toll-free 866 number when any incoming calls are received. If Nomorobo recognizes the calling number as a Robocaller it answers the call and immediately hangs up, otherwise it ignores it and your phone will ring until you answer it or the call goes to your machine/voice mail. Thus, a Robocall will never ring more than once, and it will never result in a voice message being left unless your machine/voice mail is set up to answer on the first ring.

While robocallers are still calling me every day and at practically all hours of the day, they haven't been able to leave any messages.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
I don't have a problem with telemarketers but that seems like a pretty cool service.

My trick is to harass them until they stop calling back.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
I used to screw with them, answer the phone and speak to them for a few seconds and then ask if I can put them on hold because I need to wrap up a call on another line, then leave them on hold until they hang up.

But that only works when you're actually home. I got tired of all the messages left on my machine from Card Services etc. that don't give you the legally required option to stop future calls. The Card Services messages tell you to press "1" to talk to a representative, but there is no number you can press to stop future calls. Even if you don't ask them to stop calling they are supposed to stop after three unanswered calls, but they don't. Nomorobo has put an end to that for me.