GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Noob Flash question

lawn mower

Banned
I'm looking at possibly buying a flash for my camera, but I had a few questions.

I'm looking at speedlights, is there a way that i can use the speedlight as a remote flash? as in not on top of the camera, but still have it fire when i press the shutter? also what flash would you recommend? I'm using a Canon 60D

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Car(s)
CW MkV
I know with Nikon flashes like the sb900 can be used as the remote transmitter if you have another sb900 or another subsequent model but depending on your camera you'll need to buy either a wire or a transmitter that will work with the flash and camera.

lilred88

noobster
Make sure they have a slave function. Some flashes use IR but it is spotty. With the slave function the flash will be triggered by the flash on your camera or another burst of light.

Side note: If you do not want the flash on your camera to trigger the stand alone but only the stand alone flash to, its gonna cost you money.

I think there are also kits out there where the flashes are hot shoed on a transmitter but do some research. And if i'm wrong someone correct me please.