Drag Race Newbie
dawoodaziz said:
how much do these wheels cost. anywhere online that i can buy them

im sure you can get them from the dealer, or if not e-bay usually works:iono:

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Those look very nice. Did you have to make any suspension modifications?

GTI2007

The guy who ones that blue Golf has lowered it by 45 mm but you don't actually need to make any suspension modifications to have this wheels on your Golf. That's because the outer diameter of the Helios is the same as the original golf or GTI tires. If it ain't your speedometer who go totally bezerk. Those Helios just have more rim and less rubber compared to the original tires. The Helios have 225/35 R 19 as rubber against 225/45 R 17 for the GTI

Last edited:

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI2007 said:
The Helios have 225/35 R 19 as rubber against 225/45 R 17 for the GTI

Ooohhh I see. I wonder how much do those wheels weigh?

GTI2007

I'm guessing because I'm not sure but I think somewhere around the 30 pounds or maybe even more because the car where they are originally were built for weighs something like 4500 pounds in the lightest version and those wheels have to hold that kind of weight so that's why I think they are pretty heavy themself

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
:eek: Wow that's heavy! I'd rather have performance over looks.

GTI2007

I only guessed 30 pounds. For real it could be less or maybe even more. I have absolutely no clue what those Helios wheels would weight. But if you want performance over looks, than don't buy any 19" wheels because the lightest 19" wheels I've found still have a weight of 24 pounds

Last edited: