GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need guinea pig - LPFP controller relocation harness testing

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
All parts have been validated and are working well. Thanks to all that helped test this fix!

I've finally found all the parts necessary for the lpfp controller relocation harness i've been trying to put together for a while. It is going to have the OEM plug, pins, connectors etc going to the lpfp. The way the OEM lpfp controller is designed and located, it overheats due to the amount of current it uses to drive the fuel pump and because it is insulated under seat foam. The harness I have created splices into the OEM harness and relocates the lpfp controller out from under the seat foam so that it can ventilate its heat much more effectively.

Im looking for someone that has experienced multiple instances of fuel cuts while driving in the summer months. It is usually experienced by a sudden cut of throttle response while driving and then picks back up a few seconds later. You may experience this condition several times within the span of a few minutes. If this is something you have experienced more than just one time, I would like to send this harness to you for testing.

Im still waiting on parts to arrive to me but will be able to send the harness within a couple weeks. I will help walk you through the install process, though it should not be very difficult at all. I'll need whoever gets a harness to collect some data for me so that can validate the effectiveness of the relocation kit. At the minimum, I will need temperature data before and after install as well as a log of lpfp duty cycle before and after with similar ambient conditions (vag-com will be required for that part). If you've upgraded your lpfp to a Golf R or TT-RS that will work as well as long as you are still using the stock lpfp controller.

If anyone is interested, please send me a PM and I will get a harness built and sent out. Again, you must have access to vag-com and a decent temp probe/infrared thermometer. Infrared temp probes are fairly cheap if you wanted to pick one up for testing

Part that will be modified:

Stock connector will be cut off, long extension with plug will be crimped on.