drtechy

How you doin?
Car(s)
2008 TR GTI

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
My subframe mount was pretty beat up, so I picked up a used VWR insert up from gti2slow to replace it. The steel centers around the poly tend to rust on the VWR inserts so I sanded them down and shot some black enamel over it

Before:

After painting:

Then I tried taking my control arms off. One on the left side pulled threads out with it, one on the right broke the head of the bolt off. Vice grips aren't getting it very well so I'm going to try welding a nut to it tomorrow

LilRaverBoi

Optometrist Prime
Damn....classy as fuuuuu%$. Now it just needs some bags, wheels and fender flags and it will be perfect.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Quick pictures, excuse the dirty tool box. I have 3 cars torn apart in the garage at the moment.

Prepped the brake booster for gloss black paint by wire wheeling the rust spots off and scotchbrited the rest of it. Got the AN adapter fittings on the master cylinder so I can finish my hard lines. Sealed all of the polished stuff with shine seal. Compressor housing is also polished

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Plasti-dipped the master cyl reservoir black to see how I liked it. Opinions? If I decide to keep black, I'm going to dye it black so it's smooth semi-gloss black instead of flat, textured black

Also found a coworker who's dad owns a body shop, he's going to shoot the booster gloss black for free since he's already doing a door in gloss black this week

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
wow congrats on the Mercedes looks pretty clean man! good job on the break booster :thumbsup: thinking to do the same and for the subframe mount mine went very bad i had to replace it and it seems that the TFSI one is discontinued and now there is only this TSI one. I got it and my BSH insert didnt fit in so I'm stuck with my stock dogbone mount until i get a TSI insert.