GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Painting Thread

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
It's been a while!

-SnowMan-

Ready to race!
Now that I'm back with my car again, I took a photo.

Sterling

Steel Tip
Car(s)
S3
oh god, that's such a gorgeous car / photo.

:drool:

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
This a bit off topic, I appologize.

I wanted to tell you guys that, I have been transitioning for about 2 years. I told those in my world that I was really tired of living as the guy I was. You guys are in my online world, so I wanted to tell you. Anyway Id like to reintroduce myself. My name Is Leslley Scotte and my new business name is Scotte Photography. Maybe some of you noticed my Flickr had changed a while back. I am branching out from cars, motorcycles and insurance work. I'm actually shooting people. I tried to change my name on here but I couldnt figure it out. Im hoping I dont have to make another profile...

Im finally happy and living my truth instead of someone elses.

All that being said, I am really excited to see you guys shooting and practicing. For a while, there were a handfull of people shooting cars with long exposure like this -maybe 5?- I was lucky to learn from a guy that was getting out of shooting cars so he tought me alot of what he knew. He is the reason I bought that huge 20ftx20ft sail and all those lights. I stopped using that so quickly when I learned how to lightpaint. I sold it about 6 months later. I really will try to make a video of what I do when I shoot and why I do the things I do. If you have any questions about how paint or questions about my transition just ask(im pre-op to get that out of the way), but be nice. ;)

oh god, that's such a gorgeous car / photo.

:drool:
Thanks. That car was so beyond perfect.

Elliot, Thank you! Ive never even painted my own GTI(stock).

Tadah!

Untitled by Leslley Scotte, on Flickr

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
I wanted to tell you guys that, I have been transitioning for about 2 years. I told those in my world that I was really tired of living as the guy I was. You guys are in my online world, so I wanted to tell you. Anyway Id like to reintroduce myself. My name Is Leslley Scotte and my new business name is Scotte Photography. Maybe some of you noticed my Flickr had changed a while back. I am branching out from cars, motorcycles and insurance work. I'm actually shooting people. I tried to change my name on here but I couldnt figure it out. Im hoping I dont have to make another profile...

All that being said, I am really excited to see you guys shooting and practicing. For a while, there were a handfull of people shooting cars with long exposure like this -maybe 5?- I was lucky to learn from a guy that was getting out of shooting cars so he tought me alot of what he knew. He is the reason I bought that huge 20ftx20ft sail and all those lights. I stopped using that so quickly when I learned how to lightpaint. I sold it about 6 months later. I really will try to make a video of what I do when I shoot and why I do the things I do. If you have any questions about how paint or questions about my transition just ask(im pre-op to get that out of the way), but be nice. ;)

Tadah!

Nice to see you branching out and doing other things. I'm just beginning to get into photography as a hobby. Hoping to be picking up a DSLR when my income tax comes in and get some better photos. Can't wait to see what else you've got up your sleeve.

Here is another not so great attempt. Still going at it and learning...

UPAUTOGLI by Clipse_7, on Flickr

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?

Tadah!

Good luck with your change, I'm sure you're going to do great.

justAverage

justAverage Photography
Car(s)
GTI

^Strung up some led strips I had lying around to a PVC pipe and hooked it up to a rc car rechargeable battery. Took it just like that and very first shot out of the camera with no editing:

Noticed the streaks left behind in the air so to solve them I made a shield to keep any unwanted light from hitting the camera and also added an on/off switch from radio shack (had to plug in and unplug the battery each time before hah) here is the contraption as of tonight. No new pics with just yet but definitely have some planned out soon! Only spent $7 on it and had most everything around the house. Looks crappy but should work just fine and produce some good pics

IG: @justAverageMKV

2006UG

<ding dong>
That thing looks like it has really solid potential!
Any plans to do something to diffuse the light so you don't have stripes on the paintwork? Ie: white cloth to smooth it out so it looks more the reflection of a soft box?