GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Painting Thread

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
Nicely done Michael! I like the ambient action!

@Grmncrsnbr, when holding the light, keep it pointed away from the camera. ans long as the light is not "seen" by the camera it won't be "seen" in the final shot... then the other trick is to take a second photo for the ambient without lighting the car so you can mask in a clean background or foreground.

SlowNLow

MOAR LOW
SlowNLow how do you stop your "ghost" from showing up in pics that have other light sources in them?

Nicely done Michael! I like the ambient action!

@Grmncrsnbr, when holding the light, keep it pointed away from the camera. ans long as the light is not "seen" by the camera it won't be "seen" in the final shot... then the other trick is to take a second photo for the ambient without lighting the car so you can mask in a clean background or foreground.

What Flywheel said Grmncrsnbr lol
All i have is an LED light from Walmart for now.
I cut out a piece of cardboard and taped it to the back of the LED light to help block the light so the camera doesn't "see" it.

And thank you Flywheel!

Button

The shots in this thread are so amazing, it inspired me to actually try to learn how to do something interesting with my wife's camera. I used a cheap led flashlight from Home Depot and shut the hood about 1/3 of the way through the exposure time. All done in one exposure.

Flywheel Photography

Ready to race!
@Button, Im glad you got out there and played around! The idea you have is very cool, to do it in one frame. Others take two shots and combine in photoshop to get that same look. Keep it up!

Last edited: