GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag light on again... "seat occupied recognition control module"

Blackstar

wo ist das Bier?
So here we go... I have searched the boards and other people are having issues and it's all being chalked up to wiring harness...mine is not.

Got an airbag light on for a few weeks now (already had the wiring TSB done)...took the car in for my 60,000 service and had them check out the light while it was there.

Sitting at home and get a call telling me it's my "Seat occupied recognition control module" and for a meer $2200 they will fix it right up for me. After I stopped clutching my chest and the heart murmurs subsided I told them I would think about it.

Went down to the dealership and picked up the car...while I was there I had them make me a copy of all the paperwork for the $135 "diagnostic" they did on the airbag light.

I'm thumbing through this mess and come across the part were the tech was working on the module (the paperwork refers to it as J706) and as read through it the bottom of the test states "Seat Occupied Recognition Control Module -J706- is OK"

WTF?!?!?!?!

BTW light is still on:mad:

Blackstar

wo ist das Bier?
Anyone know if i was able to procure a new sensor is this just a plug and play? It's not the airbag itself or the charge just the weight sensor. Would any sensor out of a similar year VW work?

v8ramair

Bringing this thread out again - have you gotten this fixed? If so, what did you do?

I'm having the exact same prooblem on my 07 A4.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
$2200 damn i woulda been clutching my chest too..

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
See if someone is your area can turn that bag off with vagcom. Who needs seat airbags

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Get someone with a VAG-COM to scan it, since the dealer obviously is just trying to make money off you. I suspect it's the driver's seat pressure switch.

I see the dealer was trying to REALLY screw you. They're all crooks. I have yet to find one that's honest. I only take my car to the dealer for warranty work or tire mounting / wheel balancing.

If you need a used part, and can't find it locally, try Underground VW in Tampa, Florida.

fusiongt

Ready to race!
I had the airbag warning and they told me my driver side seatbelt had to be replaced as that was causing the problem. It was expensive like $400-500 but they did take out the initial diagnostic after they did the repair.