GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

blown diverte valve?

dropkickmikey

dropkickmikey
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Would a broken/faulty diverted valve produce a HIGHLY audible highish pitched whistling sound after letting off the gas between 1k-2500 rpm?
Any advice and or help would be greatly appreciated?

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Car(s)
MKV GTI
use the tapatalk app if u have iphone or android..

i think this might be the same concern i have so id like to hear it as well..except i have a forge DV so i know its not blown.

dropkickmikey

dropkickmikey
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
well....... i have been trying to post a video from my mother in laws comp now for the last half an hour or so........no luck! but it sounds like there is someone blowing a coachs wistle from my intake.
up untill yesterday i had a ram intake on the car. i took it off due to the fact that this noise started about a week or so after i put it on. and that was about two months ago. the troubling part about it is that the noise hasnt gotten any worse or better.
ive been told by some of the guys i work with that it sounds like a bad bearing or bushing some where. i feel that that might not be the case. any bearing ive ever had go bad sure as hell doesnt stay the same for two months. it always gets worse and worse. plus!!!......... the sound is coming straight out my intake.

i sure hope this helps any of you guys with being able to give me any more addvise on this matter.
and i appreciate who ever has made it this far reading this post. some times i can get a bit long winded.

eatonrabbit

///Eurotrash
Car(s)
GTI DSG APR Stage 2+
i think this might be the same concern i have so id like to hear it as well..except i have a forge DV so i know its not blown.

Why not? The Forge DV's go bad too. They're not bulletproof. :thumbsup:

VancouverGTI

Go Kart Champion
No-one else thinks this might just be a loose hose? That would explain both the power loss under boost, and the whistle at vacuum.

Check all your hoses, especially if you messed with them during your intake install. The one to the turbo is a prime suspect if you had a Stage 2 pipe. The IC hoses are also known for poor seals, too. Look for oil outside the hose at the seal.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
No-one else thinks this might just be a loose hose? That would explain both the power loss under boost, and the whistle at vacuum.

Check all your hoses, especially if you messed with them during your intake install. The one to the turbo is a prime suspect if you had a Stage 2 pipe. The IC hoses are also known for poor seals, too. Look for oil outside the hose at the seal.

That's what I thought.

And I'm pretty sure if he has to ask whatthisissueis caused by, he doesn't know how to maintain a dv...