GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Just seems like all cars have gotten so big. Basic 3 series is the size of an old lincoln. Truck sizes are insane. Tacoma and Colorado are the size of a GMT400.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial day weekend.

Same to you, Mark! Long day of two bucket washing and waxing in preparation for the hot summer.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
Just seems like all cars have gotten so big. Basic 3 series is the size of an old lincoln. Truck sizes are insane. Tacoma and Colorado are the size of a GMT400.

They're not all that big. :iono: Still seem small compared to my buddys older F150

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Oh I'm sure its just safety stuff. I haven't driven a new tacoma, but the new body colorados interior feels the same size as the old one. But the outside is massive. I don't want to drive around everyday in something so big when its just me most of the time, when I only use the truck bed like 3-4 days a month.

Eric, howd your X5 ever work out. I've been out of the loop.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Eric, howd your X5 ever work out. I've been out of the loop.

So far so good. Fuel economy sucks (16 MPG) but asking that 3L to move it around, its expected. I put some tinted sidemarkers on it, added real HIDs, upgraded the DISA and replaced some of the cracking wood trim. Other than that, Hannah doesn't want me messing around with it too much

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
So far so good. Fuel economy sucks (16 MPG) but asking that 3L to move it around, its expected. I put some tinted sidemarkers on it, added real HIDs, upgraded the DISA and replaced some of the cracking wood trim. Other than that, Hannah doesn't want me messing around with it too much

Thats whats up. Some reason I thought it was the 4.4.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
The 3.5 in the Taco moves it around pretty good, usually average about 18mpg with 60/40 highway/city driving. Getting rid of it soon though, so if anyone wants it let me know :lol:

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Your car looks so cleann

Thanks!

It's interesting. I'm taking a new approach with this car's paint. I used to wash my MKV incessantly. Like a lot. And ended up with clear coat failure. I'm trying to touch the painted surfaces of the MK7 less and only washing it when it gets pretty gross (mostly visible on the hatch). This is the first time I've washed it since probably January or February and there's not noticeably more swirling or anything that I can tell.