GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AC not blowing cold, fresh recharge and leak test

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I got a hole in my condenser a few years ago but last week I finally replaced it, brought to a mechanic to recharge and lubricate everything.

It took them 2 hours before the compressor would run so it could take in the gas, they tested for the day and no leaks, but they said the pipes going into the compressor were red hot before, then after they finished finally, it took another hour of the engine running before the compressor would come on but it produced ice cold air. Then they came back and tried again and it went down to a couple of minutes before kicking in. Now it hasn't came on a few days.

I've done some testing in VCDS everything is looking okay, checked the fans in the engine output tests and they both come on, when I turn on the AC the small fan does not rotate but clearly it works.

Above are some measurement blocks, also looks fine to me.

What do you think a G65 pressure switch? Or an N280 solenoid valve that's on the compressor? Where can you see the compressor model, is it under the car and look up or top down?

Manuelrios509

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I got a hole in my condenser a few years ago but last week I finally replaced it, brought to a mechanic to recharge and lubricate everything.

It took them 2 hours before the compressor would run so it could take in the gas, they tested for the day and no leaks, but they said the pipes going into the compressor were red hot before, then after they finished finally, it took another hour of the engine running before the compressor would come on but it produced ice cold air. Then they came back and tried again and it went down to a couple of minutes before kicking in. Now it hasn't came on a few days.

I've done some testing in VCDS everything is looking okay, checked the fans in the engine output tests and they both come on, when I turn on the AC the small fan does not rotate but clearly it works.

Above are some measurement blocks, also looks fine to me.

What do you think a G65 pressure switch? Or an N280 solenoid valve that's on the compressor? Where can you see the compressor model, is it under the car and look up or top down?
I had the same problem with my GTI the small fan wouldn't come on, I changed the valve and it helped but not much, the problem was fixed until I changed out the compressor, on your readings it saying the compressor is turning on which is what the computer thinks. But the fans don't kick in until the compressor creates pressure, changing out the compressor would be the best bet

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

penance

Fakinsupa
Car(s)
GTI
Not sure if just my experience, but the compressor is about the most unreliable part in this car - swear I have had to have mine replaced ~4 times now.

TypeR_126

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI
I had a similarly intermittent issue and changing out the valve fixed it for me.