GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cigarette lighter

IbrahimR

So i have a Golf 5 1.9 TDI 2004 and it doesnt have aux nor bluetooth connection for music. I bought a bluetooth module that goes in a cigarette lighter. I have 2, the one next to the drivers seat and one back in the trunk. I would like to put the bluetooth module in the trunk one but the cigarette lighter is always on, is there a way to make it turn on when i turn my ignition switch?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

vwengineer

Ready to race!
You could add a relay to power it on only when the car is on, using a switched 12V as reference. Another idea would be to connect your adapter to a switched fuse directly in the fuse box.

DucMike

Car(s)
R32 -> Mk6 GTI
So i have a Golf 5 1.9 TDI 2004 and it doesnt have aux nor bluetooth connection for music. I bought a bluetooth module that goes in a cigarette lighter. I have 2, the one next to the drivers seat and one back in the trunk. I would like to put the bluetooth module in the trunk one but the cigarette lighter is always on, is there a way to make it turn on when i turn my ignition switch?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
My dilemma is the exact opposite. Mk5's here in the states have their power sockets tied to the ignition circuit in that when you turn off the car, the 12v dies at the same time. I'm planning on moving the supply wire from the switched circuit to one that's either constantly on or one that doesn't shut off till one pulled the key out of the ignition ala the way the head unit is wired. You could probably identify which fuse is for your lighter plug & just move the wire to a circuit that is switched 12v of one form or another.