GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dual stage airbag---->single stage

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Car's an 07 GTI with dual stage airbag. Swapped to a single stage airbag (steering wheel retrofit) and now have the airbag fault.
Canbus gateway, swcm, clock spring have been changed.
Couldn't this be solved through coding? Perhaps in the airbag module? Read something similar being done on a BMW forum.
Trying to find a solution that doesn't involve resistors or soldering pins. I would even consider replacing the airbag module if that's were the answer..

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
Car's an 07 GTI with dual stage airbag. Swapped to a single stage airbag (steering wheel retrofit) and now have the airbag fault.
Canbus gateway, swcm, clock spring have been changed.
Couldn't this be solved through coding? Perhaps in the airbag module? Read something similar being done on a BMW forum.
Trying to find a solution that doesn't involve resistors or soldering pins. I would even consider replacing the airbag module if that's were the answer..

Where did you find this wheel ?????? I need one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Where did you find this wheel ?????? I need one

It's a mk7 golf wheel. Ended up not being able to get the buttons to function. I think the mk6 Jetta and b7 Passat also come with this "style" wheel that would possibly work tho

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
It's a mk7 golf wheel. Ended up not being able to get the buttons to function. I think the mk6 Jetta and b7 Passat also come with this "style" wheel that would possibly work tho

Oh damn ok thank you I’ll do some research

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Oh damn ok thank you I’ll do some research

From what I understand the mk6 Jetta version of the wheel is still using mk6 electronics and should work.
I ended up with a 2014 GLI wheel.

Pissat4motion

Time Lord

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
Same as mk6 GTI wheel

Mine is a MK5 with the DSG so you think I would be able to swap these wheels and still use the paddle shifters because the signal is sent through the clock spring ?

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
08+ you probably wouldn't have to change your clock spring. I did on my 07. You would have to change your steering wheel control module tho. Yes, you would be able to use the paddle shift.

Dagger1120

Passed Driver's Ed
08+ you probably wouldn't have to change your clock spring. I did on my 07. You would have to change your steering wheel control module tho. Yes, you would be able to use the paddle shift.

Thank you for the info helped a lot !