GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Suggestions Please

Him Downstairs

Question? I just bought a set of 18×8 wheels wrapped in 225/40/18. And I want to add a set of coilovers with at least a 2" drop adjustment. Besides an alignment, is there anything else I need to prepare to do?

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Question? I just bought a set of 18×8 wheels wrapped in 225/40/18. And I want to add a set of coilovers with at least a 2" drop adjustment. Besides an alignment, is there anything else I need to prepare to do?

what ET?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
H&R ultra lows if you want to be below 24.5" fender to ground. HPA SHS if you want to be at or above that.

Him Downstairs

Current ride height on factory suspension. I'm in the clouds.:thumbdown:

Attachments

• 20180730_135344.jpg
    20180730_135344.jpg
    447.1 KB · Views: 183

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
45 mm GIACUser

Shouldn't have to do much up to 2.5in or so maybe even 3 depending on tire. Tire of any spec size can have bodies that are a little wider or more narrow.

Fender mod is about only thing you should have to do.

Him Downstairs

Shouldn't have to do much up to 2.5in or so maybe even 3 depending on tire. Tire of any spec size can have bodies that are a little wider or more narrow.

Fender mod is about only thing you should have to do.

They are actually tucked under the fender, they don't stick out any. So hopefully with the new coilovers which I haven't chosen yet, it will look nice without having to make any changes. ??

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
And I know if I asked 10 different people I would probably get 8 different answers. But as for adjustability and reliability which coilovers would you suggest?

If you have the money, HPA SHS's for comfort & on a DD like drval85 said

If you can't swing those, then I'd go with ST's (cheapest recommendation) or Konis (2nd cheapest recommendation)

Konis have adjustable dampening & will get you lower than the ST's or HPA SHS's though

Him Downstairs

If you have the money, HPA SHS's for comfort & on a DD like drval85 said

If you can't swing those, then I'd go with ST's (cheapest recommendation) or Konis (2nd cheapest recommendation)

Konis have adjustable dampening & will get you lower than the ST's or HPA SHS's though

Thanks bruh man, I try my best to get ideas and experienced suggestions. Being that this is the first car that I've ever made any major modifications to.