GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bird Poo Stains HELP!!

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm the proud owner of a United Grey gti and I noticed after my first detail that there are several stains on the hood. The original owner said the car had sat for a month or so which gives me the idea that bird poop was not cleaned off for a long period of time. If anyone knows how to fix this or have had experience with this please let me know

Thanks!
Mash360

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the response I love your build [emoji5][emoji5]
I just clayed the area and no residue came off so I'm hoping by using meguiars ultimate compound the stains should come out by hand

mash360

Passed Driver's Ed
Update: I tried Meguair's ultimate compound for around 60 seconds on most spots and found little to no improvement... Any other ideas?
I used a foam pad by hand so would a dual action polisher be better?
Thanks
Mash360

Soysauce

Nooob
Car(s)
'07 Gti
Don't know if this helps any, but I used Clorox bleach to remove some leaf tannin off of my candy white paint the other day. Worked like a charm

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Thanks for the response I love your build [emoji5][emoji5]
I just clayed the area and no residue came off so I'm hoping by using meguiars ultimate compound the stains should come out by hand

Thanks, appreciate it.

You're going to want to use an orbital polisher to do it yourself. If you want to have a professional do it you're going to have to get a quote, detailers don't like to have standard prices for repairs because every case is unique.

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
I'm no debating whether the money should go to fixing the hood or a possible res delete[emoji48]

If you can make the drive to 92808, I can fix it for you. I'm a professional detailer, and have had my own business for the past 5 years now. You'll need to wet sand the paint most likely. Those etchings are too deep to be removed with hand rubbing.

I've dealt with issues like this before, and they should come out. But it's going to take a lot of effort.

Cheers,

Alex

Bosley

Yep, an orbital sander will be needed. The best products on the market won't do anything to something that deep seated if you do it by hand.

Last edited:

golfer69

Passed Driver's Ed
I would clay it down and use mild polish, if that doesn't work step up a bit. If still doesn't work wet sanding should remove it.