GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Diverted valve/cut off valve

alex.s44014

so I just installed a new diverted valve on my gti because I had a check engine light and the only code I got was p0299 due to lost in boost pressure. I took out my older dv but the rubber piece wasn't ripped at all the only thing it did have was oil. Could that have been why I had that code? Please let me know your guys experience if this happened any of you guys before. I have to get my smog done in about a month so a check engine light isn't acceptable

sh00k0nes pt. 2

Ready to race!
Possible Causes:
Hoses/Pipes incorrect connected, disconnected or leaking
Charger Pressure Control defective
Turbocharger faulty
Diverter Valve faulty

Possible Solutions:
Check Hoses/Pipes to/between Components
Check / Clean / Replace Charge Pressure Control
Check Turbocharger
Check Diverter Valve

Special Notes:
If the Turbocharger is faulty due to mechanical / internal problems or the exhaust system is restricted (typically the Catalyst) this fault may be the end result.

Loco38SUP

Did you manually cycle the spring on the valve a few times before putting it back on? I noticed that mine had a stuck spring and would travel freely for 25% of its stroke. This was causing a shutter like when you blow through the end of a popped ballon.

I pressed on the end of it a few times and the spring came back to life.

-RJM

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
so I just installed a new diverted valve on my gti because I had a check engine light and the only code I got was p0299 due to lost in boost pressure. I took out my older dv but the rubber piece wasn't ripped at all the only thing it did have was oil. Could that have been why I had that code? Please let me know your guys experience if this happened any of you guys before. I have to get my smog done in about a month so a check engine light isn't acceptable

So after you clear you codes and have put in the new DV..... does your code or check engine light come back? (A bit of oil is not abnormal)