GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's Mk5 Rabbit Beater/Daily - That I Said I Wasn't Going To Mod. Yeah Right.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Right when I bought this car it wouldn't stay locked. I'd lock it with the remote and it would unlock right away. The problem went away for about 2 years and now is back.

Not sure how long it's been back honestly but yeah my doors won't lock now. Street parking and living in chicago with a car that doesn't lock sucks.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Replaced the rusted downpipe and new clamp. Now I can pass emissions and get it legal again

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Woohoo!!! Get the pig back on the road so you can take the racecar off daily duty lol. Hey maybe now we can have a conversation in that car and actually hear each other!
Getting emissions tested this week and then parking the racecar. It's so quiet now! Time for a eurojet exhaust iono

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Replaced the window switch with an oem. Took 2 minutes and cost $23.

The door still won't lock though. At least now I can roll my windows down while the car is running. I'd usually crack the window a but with my keyfob before going in buy it doesn't work while the car is running.

AllenJasper

Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
Ahoy,

Dropped in to say I've been enjoying your thread as well. Picked up an 08 Rabbit about a year ago and it's been great, but I also picked it up from a dealer with warranty and nearly full maintenance records. Super clean, but 8 days later a protester climbed on the hood and scratched it and the quarter panel up. :mad:
You say the trans mount made a big difference? I get a creaking noise apparently from a clutch spring (according to the dealer when I brought it in under warranty) I'm wondering if BFI Motor/trans mounts will help negate that until I eventually may need to replace the clutch anyway. If not, good to know I should expect an improvement with my shifts. Then I'd just need a chip to get rid of that rev hang.
Test drove a brand new GTI yesterday and it really just felt like an overcomplicated Rabbit with extra power I couldn't use because of the road conditions. (Edit) Sans the crazy torque steer I get in the Rabbit

AllenJasper

Car(s)
2008 Rabbit
"protester climbed on the hood"

Curiosity has got me...what protest group you trying to run over?

March for Our Lives

Actually though I used to work on a street between the State Capitol and the nearest high school. I was working and suddenly heard chants outside, when I got outside to move my car it was too late, the cop cars leading the march were already passed my car. Some little shit at the back jumped up on the hood. I wasn't too thrilled, and even less sympathetic to their cause as a result. Though it's a bit unfair to the ones at the front with the signs, chants, and passion that some kid who was just along for the ride to get out of school and cause some trouble gave them a bad image.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Sad to see it go, but that Jetta is honestly a big upgrade!

Agree. I'll start a new thread for it this week lol.

Lots more potential on the Jetta. Thomas is offering to sell me his k04, tts injectors, an ebay downpipe, and spulen top for $800.