GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's New (to me) Daily - 2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T(FSI)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Finding time to do all this maintenance is proving to be challenging. Changed the cabin filter last night, some valeo junk in there that was probably 5+ years old. Smelled nasty.

Replaced with a Mann

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
The only “performance” stuff worth doing on these is computer tune, short of upgrading turbo to one that “Performs”

I strongly disagree, theres a ton of performance stuff you can do. It's not all power related, but of we are generalizing, suspension, exhaust, intercooler, brakes, etc. Jay and I both have some fairly built track cars (both GTIs).

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I'd have to agree, there's plenty of performance opportunities. This car won't likely see any of that though. I have a fun car in the garage, this one just needs to get me to and from work while heating my butt. Got this from a buddy for free :)

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
or you can just do the little fuse work around.

Also, you should just need to call the dealer with a serial number for the radio and a VIN for your car to get a radio code, shouldn't cost anything.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
or you can just do the little fuse work around.

Also, you should just need to call the dealer with a serial number for the radio and a VIN for your car to get a radio code, shouldn't cost anything.

The fuse work around causes the radio to not work for 45 seconds after you start the car. That would drive me nuts honestly.

VW Changed their policy this last January and can't look up the codes anymore, you have to plug the car in now for them to get the code.

Ended up taking a $13 gamble on vwcodes.org and they sent me a code. I just sold it to my buddy so we'll test it on his car and hopefully it works.