GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tapped out

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
So a while back, I put on a Forge boost tap. This worked well for giving me a readout, however over time I have realized the thing leaks like a sieve. There is oil allllllll over the front of the engine under that thing. So, I ordered a ECS boost tap. Looked promising! But upon inspection, the thing is tiny! I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to mount the thing between the manifold and PCV. It is too small of a diameter. Can someone tell me that I am an idiot and missing something simple?

Link to tap: https://www.ecstuning.com/b-ecs-parts/billet-boost-tap-kit/019935ecs01~a/

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
How can I join your religion? Also, are there free snacks? Man, you are bang on. I can not thank you enough!

easy87

l1kez b00st
Car(s)
GTi
And what's shameful is I googled everything I could think of since I got the thing last night. Had originally gotten some thick pipe from Autozone before the part came in, and was ready and waiting for the UPS guy. Then I started to piece it together and realized "crap, the damn tap is so small it fits inside the tube I bought!". So I started reasearching and even emailed ECS, who basically just said "sorry, but we don't do advice". So seriously, thank you kind sir/madame.

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
What I used to do instead of that was get a vaccum connector for the manifold to the brake booster tee with a smaller branch already on it (3way rubber connector) from older mk4 1.8t engine.