GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket DSG Gearbox oil cooler

POLARBEAR666

Ready to race!
What a about directing air from the front of the car to the heat exchanger/dsg cooler on top of the box.

I have no factory airbox or battery and can see my engine mounts and the exchanger directly, I might whack some pipe so that it is blasted with cold air.

Thoughts anyone?

simple_man

Passed Driver's Ed
Since the beginning of the tread it was realized that adding oil cooler instead of OEM heat exchanger can be a bad idea due to increase in cc (capacity) of the volume of pressurized oil. May upset machatronics.

The good alternative seem to be and additional thermostated/controlled coolant radiator instaled before DSG heater. This way you still get DSG oil warm up by coolant flowing thru the engine, followed by DSG cooling by coolant.

Part of the issue that on track engine coolant get to 120C, not helping to cool DSG much as it runs over 130C itself. If you can get coolant back to 100C mark, this will allow DSG to dump heat back to cooling system.

swenak

Car(s)
MKVI GTI Edition 35
Old theme, but if you have interest, try to contact dealer for bigger OEM DSG cooler. I have information, that oil temp is about 10°C down. I mean, that P/N is 02E409061E, it is not in ETKA, but it exist ;)

Attachments

• IMAG0037.jpg
    IMAG0037.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 7,248
  • IMAG0038.jpg
    IMAG0038.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 5,979
  • IMAG0040.jpg
    IMAG0040.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 5,107

0-60Motorsports

Since 1998
Car(s)
04 M3 E46
Old theme, but if you have interest, try to contact dealer for bigger OEM DSG cooler. I have information, that oil temp is about 10°C down. I mean, that P/N is 02E409061E, it is not in ETKA, but it exist ;)

I tried to track down this oil cooler PN but the dealer says even the factory does not have any stock of it and the new part is 02E409061D.

I wonder if its the same size, bigger DSG oil cooler. If anyone knows any alternative PNs in 2018 let me know please.