GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light!!

grunt111

Ready to race!
Thats the same thing i went through at about only 10K on my 09 gti mk5 6speed. They had to change out the throttle body sensor and it was good to go. If you start hearing random clunk sounds on tight turns then tell them to re tighten the sub frame since this is a popular thing for these cars after break in.

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
ya i told them about what was going on, they were abit amazed that the check engine light didnt turn on...and so am i..the whole car just dies on me on the high way and i costed it to a parking lot and let it sit for a bit then turned it back on and it started up like nothing....i had been feeling it jump alil at high speeds, but once i got to the like 50mph marker or below it would go away...any ways its running like a champ again
they didnt even care about my mods! i was a bit worried about that lol

JackMiracle

Car(s)
2009 GTI
I went in to do an oil change, and the engine light was on. It's been on for about a week and half, with the random EPC light thrown into the mix. So i was figuring the mechanic will turn on the car when they move it, and then do the check. So it turns out my whole throttle body is being replaced, under warranty. I hope this sorts out that damn EPC light too. I hate 'safe mode' in my car! But the thing is, VW needs to see that light. Use VW towing and get it to them in that condition!

I'll update everyone with the complete work list when i pick it up today. All i know, they said the estimated time would be 4-5 hours to fix the issue. I'm glad that's not coming out of my pocket !

VW replaced my throttle sensor, and that didn't work. Turns out I had a warped intake manifold - manufacturer defect. All replaced under warranty, and I talked them into detailing my car for free. It feels so good to have it back to normal again!

STORMIEE2.0T

EPC LIGHT

i have a mkv and i had the same problem Sunday right im just cruising on i95 doing 55 with c/c on went into the passing plane hit about 65 then car sputtered, soo i took my car to the vw dealer and they call me up today and tell me my turbo was blown:cry:! but its certified and although i have an 3" no cat or resignator they still did it under warranty... soo just go and get it check out and what ever u do dont clear the codes on your own because they wont take it..so u guys got the lucky end of the deal! Now time to invest in a turbo timer :thumbup:

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
i have a mkv and i had the same problem Sunday right im just cruising on i95 doing 55 with c/c on went into the passing plane hit about 65 then car sputtered, soo i took my car to the vw dealer and they call me up today and tell me my turbo was blown:cry:! but its certified and although i have an 3" no cat or resignator they still did it under warranty... soo just go and get it check out and what ever u do dont clear the codes on your own because they wont take it..so u guys got the lucky end of the deal! Now time to invest in a turbo timer :thumbup:

these cars dont need turbo timers my friend.... the have an aux pump after the car shuts off that kicks in for that.. :) vw has already thought of that. search my friend search.:wink:

STORMIEE2.0T

well thats the only thing i can think of that could have made my turbo blow.... idk but at least its gettin fixed so its cool! but thanks for that info

VW_gti_09

Ready to race!
Car(s)
09 vw canywhite gti
well thats the only thing i can think of that could have made my turbo blow.... idk but at least its gettin fixed so its cool! but thanks for that info

np, just though id let ya know. it would be kinda a waste to buy a turbo timer. i mean you could if you wanted to but it would be a waste of money since there is a feature on the car that does that job any ways. best to use that money toward a tune:thumbsup: