GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New stereo!

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke
so, i decided to take the plunge and put in a new stereo in my GTI. ordered everything today and the install is starting a week from today. stoked! here's what's going in:

alpine 505
alpine blackbird
alpine imprint
usb ipod control to go with my 160gb ipod classic
steering wheel interface kit
jl stealthbox
hertz hsk 163 (3-way) in the front
hertz hcx 165 (2 way) in the back
Audison LRx 5.1k

i'll be sure to post some pics when it all goes in!

sonomamkvdsg

7 time F1 Champ
Car(s)
2006 MKV DSG TR
Good stuff. The Hertz sound very nice. FYI you can piece together a 3 way system for the front that is "drop in". 8", 5.25" and tweeter. a little more money but then again I love the HUGE mid bass drivers in the doors. If you didn't get Dynamat or Hushmat make sure to. It will make those speaker's (and any others for that matter) sound TWICE as good. LOVE the LRx5.1k!

pakubear

eddie
Car(s)
2007 bunny
Good stuff. The Hertz sound very nice. FYI you can piece together a 3 way system for the front that is "drop in". 8", 5.25" and tweeter. a little more money but then again I love the HUGE mid bass drivers in the doors. If you didn't get Dynamat or Hushmat make sure to. It will make those speaker's (and any others for that matter) sound TWICE as good. LOVE the LRx5.1k!

what is this... u can drop in a 8" with no mod to the door?
________
mexico hotels

Last edited:

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke

not a bad idea, but im way over budget already. and yeah, dynamat is a must! will have that for sure.

nayfen

TDI NINJA
FYI you can piece together a 3 way system for the front that is "drop in". 8", 5.25" and tweeter

Please explain.

pirrimarin

n00b
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI 4DR

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke
so, i decided to take the plunge and put in a new stereo in my GTI. ordered everything today and the install is starting a week from today. stoked! here's what's going in:

alpine 505
alpine blackbird
alpine imprint
usb ipod control to go with my 160gb ipod classic
steering wheel interface kit
jl stealthbox
hertz hsk 163 (3-way) in the front
hertz hcx 165 (2 way) in the back
Audison LRx 5.1k

i'll be sure to post some pics when it all goes in!

welp, she's in the shop as of today, and they think they are going to need her till monday :thumbdown: , but at least its getting done! they're also going to try to fit the amp under the trunk where the spare is, the alternative is that it will have to be mounted on the opposing trunk wall from the subwoofer. here's hoping that it fits under with the spare! pics as soon as it's done. . . . :thumbsup: