GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2006 GTI FSI Oil Leak

tremblingwaters

Hello all!

I am new to owning a VW and need help finding out where this oil leak is coming from. It's on the driver side upper part of the engine. It is producing a pretty steady leak on my garage floor. However, I am not familiar with the part that is leaking and what it is called. Here is a picture. Any thoughts as to what I need to replace to fix this? Thanks!

Attachments

• MKV leak.jpg
    MKV leak.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 1,503

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Can’t you just re-seal that with the large O ring they sell for it? I’d try that 1st instead of the 300dollar pump unless that’s completely failed too. Gaskets are considerably less to clean the head surface & seal the housing. Oh yeah... rkx to save the day. I got their pcv diaphragm instead of a $400 valve cover lol.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Can’t you just re-seal that with the large O ring they sell for it? I’d try that 1st instead of the 300dollar pump unless that’s completely failed too. Gaskets are considerably less to clean the head surface & seal the housing. Oh yeah... rkx to save the day. I got their pcv diaphragm instead of a $400 valve cover lol.

Depend if its leaking from the front cover plate O-ring or the other end, it could be both. VW does not sell the front plate O-ring but Rkx does in its rebuild kit. Could just try one of the New vacuum pump from Ebay for about $50 about the cost of the rebuild kit. OP needs to clean it up and see what is going on.

Last edited:

tremblingwaters

Thanks for your quick responses! I think replacing the gaskets with the rebuild kit from Rkx will be the way to go. Now I just have to figure out with rebuild option kit I need.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for your quick responses! I think replacing the gaskets with the rebuild kit from Rkx will be the way to go. Now I just have to figure out with rebuild option kit I need.

For a few $ more you can get the Lifetime kit that will replace defective parts only, but I have yet to hear about someone having an issue with leaks after using the original kit if installed properly.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
For a few $ more you can get the Lifetime kit that will replace defective parts only, but I have yet to hear about someone having an issue with leaks after using the original kit if installed properly.

Mine did not leak after resealing it (2000km), I recommend it. I wouldn't necessarily take the lifetime kit (the rear seal is cheap from VW anyway).

golfballer78

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08' R32 dsg
Also depends how tight the bolts were in the 1st place. You’d be surprised how often you find mounting bolts backed out causing leaks. Squashed o rings is bad too. But I find it ridiculous these companies want you to junk the whole unit that still functions because a small component of it decides to leak.

ShiDub

Car(s)
2007 VW gti
91F7C759-49BA-41D8-BCB2-6F96715D59B9.png

Engine won’t crank, just clicks like the battery is dead but it isn’t. my vacuum pump leaked and caused this casing to melt.. I don’t know what wires these are or where they lead to, all I know is if I wiggle them my headlights flicker and ebrake light blinks on the dashboard along with a loud beep. Can anybody help?