GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's Mk5 Rabbit Beater/Daily - That I Said I Wasn't Going To Mod. Yeah Right.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
For the window, I would check your door harness for broken wires and check to make sure you don't have hella corrosion at the module. As far as the fuses, did you just look at them or did you use a test light or something to verify you have power on both sides of the fuse? With all the shenanigans going on it sounds ALMOST like a series of shorted wires

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Also sc24 is the fuse for the 12v socket if I remember right or sc32 ....

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Also sc24 is the fuse for the 12v socket if I remember right or sc32 ....

Thanks for the insight, I'll check that again. I just looked visually, I can test them all with a multimeter tonight.

As far as the wires being corroded, I'll have to find some time to pull the door panels and inspect the wiring.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Someone tagged this sweet piece of street art on the rabbit. It's been shitty in chicago and there's no point in washing it

Lmao I got a laugh from it

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Well, monthly update: My car's dash is now a christmas tree in true VW fashion. The ABS is still broken, not exactly sure what's wrong but the brakes feel fine... guessing the abs module is shot.

And I have a new problem now, the power steering assist stopped working and that caused another light. The car feels weird to drive now and the steering input sucks.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
So I did some research on this problem Jay, first thing to check is your fuses. There's 2 fuses associated with the steering rack that are somewhat common to go, could be a simple issue. As for the ABS module, highly unlikely the module itself failed since you're not an 09. There's a chance you could get the module reprogrammed at the dealership and fix that issue.

When you come over tomorrow bring your vagcom and let's see what the actual codes are.