GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's Mk5 Rabbit Beater/Daily - That I Said I Wasn't Going To Mod. Yeah Right.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
So I installed the eurojet engine mount and replaced the fuel filter today.

roejiley

Conveyor Tech
Car(s)
MK7 LGM R
Clutch stop and dog bone insert are in and it feels like a totally different car, awesome cheap mod.

What made you go from Carbonio to the Uni intake on your mk6? I sold a carbonio I got from a local because it was in such beat condition. Gonna get something else this time.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Clutch stop and dog bone insert are in and it feels like a totally different car, awesome cheap mod.

What made you go from Carbonio to the Uni intake on your mk6? I sold a carbonio I got from a local because it was in such beat condition. Gonna get something else this time.

awesome. Yeah sometimes the cheap mods can really make a difference.

As far as switching from apr to uni, I got bored of the apr and wanted something louder. I also like how the uni intake looks in the engine bay a lot more. I didn't feel any difference as far as performance, I just like how the uni sounds a lot more.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Speaking of cheap mods. Got the euro switch today (thanks avenali) and 90 cent black coolant cap to get rid of the ugly blue. I bought one for my mk6 too lol. My bfi trans mount bushing came today so I'll be installing that soon.

Awesome. You're welcome.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Installed the BFI stage 1 trans mount bushing today and wow, so worth the money.

It stops the transmission from rocking back and forth during shifts leading to a sloppy feel and the feeling of the engine/trans about to fall out when you shift. The oem bushing is made of rubber, and has holes drilled in it to absorb the vibrations for comfort. The rubber gets worn out over time and leads to a very sloppy feeling. I could put my hands on the engine in the bay and literally rock it back and forth. Now it's completely solid.

The install was easy. Jack the car up on stands, support the trans with a jack from the bottom, remove the battery and tray, lift the wiring harness up and move it out of the way, remove the 6 bolts holding the mount in place...

Then you have to drill out the rivets holding the mount together - sounds bad but its really easy. You remove the oem bushing and replace it with the new poly bushing. I went with the BFI stage 1 bushing. Re install everything in reverse order.

The car drives so much better now and has a solid feeling during shifts. This will help with reducing wheel hop as well. For the price, you can't beat this mod. Pair it with an engine mount and it's even better.

Oem on the left, bfi on the right.

Mount removed and rivets drilled

After the rivets came off

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Headlight burned out. Replaced them both with Phillips Crystal Vision bulbs and gotta say they look a lot better. Much more white vs yellow. Cost me about $20 on amazon which is pretty good considering the local autozone wanted $60 for no name bulbs.

The brakes are going out. Luckily I have a set of almost brand new mk6 GTI brakes that I'll be putting on this week. Gotta get this thing ready to drive from chicago to new orleans and back at the end of the month!

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Your mods so far are impressive to say the least, new headlight bulb, battery swap from the GTI, shits getting serious yo!!!!

:biggrin:

Here I thought the rabbit was dying because its been very sluggish to start since I bought it. Turns out it was the battery the whole time. Fires up with force now!

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Here I thought the rabbit was dying because its been very sluggish to start since I bought it. Turns out it was the battery the whole time. Fires up with force now!

That's because of the upgraded GTI battery you put in. They are stronger and bette.......... hahahahaha I can't, I tried but I can't do it lol. Sounds like something a MK7 owner would say lol.