GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Jay's New (to me) Daily - 2008 Wolfsburg Jetta 2.0T(FSI)

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Oil change and charged the ac system hoping that would fix it. It didn't. I can hear the compressor working and it doesn't have a leak. Going to throw a new thruster valve on and hope that solves it. For $15 why not

Shouts to the homie Carson for letting me drop by his work to hookup to the AC machine

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Blasphemy. There needs to be at least one error light on.

Dont worry theres still a cel for the thermostat that I haven't gotten around to replacing yet. At least it's stuck open and not closed. Being so hot lately though it's getting up to operating temp.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Dont worry theres still a cel for the thermostat that I haven't gotten around to replacing yet. At least it's stuck open and not closed. Being so hot lately though it's getting up to operating temp.

Same thing happened on my MKV and I didn't even notice it for thousands of miles. Never popped a CEL. Luckily my Blauparts water pump & timing belt kit came with a free gift of a thermostat, so it was a relatively painless fix.

vwengineer

Ready to race!
Yes, thermostat does not always trigger a CEL, mine was stuck open since thousands of miles too (temps would never go over 60-70C if not stuck in traffic), no codes.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
About a week ago I was driving on the highway and the car went in limp mode with epc light on. Maf sensor and n276. I disconnected the maf and that made it run a little better but it was still running like crap. Got a new maf and the problem was still there. Found a hpfp locally with only 20k on it for cheap so I picked that up and replaced it today. The n276 was physically cracked, never seen that happen and still curious as to how it would crack like this. Anywho, it's running again.

20200119_135536.jpg

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
I suspect the engine cover may have hit the hpfp causing it to crack since it had no engine grommets. Got some new grommets for less than $5 and put them in along with a new Mann air filter. Vw wanted $60 for the rubber grommets.... lmfao nope.

What a dumb design to put the air filter inside the engine cover.

jay745

Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Decided to replace the thermostat in the Jetta today. What a crappy job....wrestling with getting the alternator off I busted my finger when the pry bar slipped. Sucks, but I still won. After that I was fighting with getting the hoses off the tstat for the next hour+ ...stupid manifold in my way....really convinced myself I could get to it without taking the manifold off...spent more time wrestling with it than it would have taken to just remove the manifold. Fast forward another hour of swearing and contorting my arm in ways they shouldn't bend. Screw it I'll take the manifold off. 25 minutes later all the room in the world. Grrrr.

Anywho now I'm at a standstill until a manifold gasket and new injector seals arrive. Much needed carbon cleaning.

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
I think you can do the TSTAT by putting the front in service position. I’ve done a few and I don’t recall ever having to pull the intake manifold.