GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Canadian new to Stirling, Scotland

FallingGems

Hello everyone, I have just moved from Vancouver Canada to Scotland. Due to the move I had to sell my 2010 GTI, but have purchased a 2006 GT TDI 2.0 4motion.

This is my first diesel I have ever owned and know nothing about these engines. I have done some research on them and am royaly confused lol. If there is anyone that could point me in the right direction on tuning this car that would be greatly appreciated.

It has come to my attention the Diesel engine does not have a diverter valve and for the life of me can not figure out how to increase boost with machanical parts.
I have also learnt everything I took off my GTI that was after market will not go on the diesel.

If anyone knows of any shops near by Stirling that could help with information on tuning or if anyone out there can direct me to a good thread on this it would help me out greatly.

I have owned VW cars my whole life and am very excited to be in Europe where they are built right. My 2010 GTI felt like it was made of cheap plastic parts.
Also if anyone knows of any good websites to buy after market parts I would love to hear from you.

Cheers all and thanks for the help in advance.