GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Legitimacy of CF dealers on Ebay?

IGNTNUNLMTD

Ignition Unlimited
So I've been looking at doing a bunch of exterior carbon fiber mods lately, and the major company that sticks out as being one of the best is Osir Design... I already have a really well-made gauge pod from them, and I've been looking at their spoiler, rear defuser and mirror covers, among other things.

However, a recent Ebay search revealed a bunch of the same (or extremely similar) products to Osir's lineup that seem to be from generic carbon fiber manufacturing houses in China. It seems as if Osir buys from some of these suppliers, as they even use the same photos of the products.

My question is, have any of you had luck saving like 50% or more on CF products by going with these sellers? If so, was the fitment and quality up to expectations?

Thanks in advance for any help. I didn't post links to the products I'm eyeing, but will if anyone is curious exactly what I mean.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
I'd say it's worth a shot. Have them guarantee fitment and open a paypal claim if it doesn't work out.

IGNTNUNLMTD

Ignition Unlimited
Thanks for the input, gents.

I'm looking at these, this and this.

Messages to sellers sent. I hope the sellers I contacted come back with guarantees on the fitments!

IGNTNUNLMTD

Ignition Unlimited
Well, here was the reply... sorry for his shouting. Based on this, what's the verdict? Should I go in on it anyway?

Dear igntnunlmtd,

Hi,
1.WE DIDN'T ACCEPT MONEY REFUND, RETURN AND EXCHANGE SERVICE WHEN BUYER REGRET TO BUY IT. WE HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU CONSIDER WELL BEFORE PLACING BID.

2.WE WILL EXCHANGE A BRAND NEW ITEM FOR YOU ONLY WHEN THE PRODUCTS IS DEFECTIVE. ALL CLAIM SHOULD BE PROVIDED PICTURE OF DETECTIVE AND THE CONDITION OF OUTER PACKING BOX. DON'T LEAVE "NATURE FEEDBACK" OR " NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" BEFORE WE HANDLE YOUR CLAIM. WE ARE SINCERELY TO OFFER BEST SERVICE AS WE CAN. BAD FEEDBACK WON'T MAKE YOU HAPPY DURING TRANSACTION. IF YOU PLACE " NEGATIVE FEEDBACK" BEFORE WE HAND YOUR CLAIM, WE WON'T TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR CLAIM.

If you still have other questions welcome you mail us.

Thanks

- tuningsupplier

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
I can't speak for these exact parts, but I've bought replica chinese stuff before, they are cheaper because they are not as good. They won't fit the same or last as long.

phil

becausephilchow
Car(s)
2009 VW R32
Replica CF Parts, are typically made in China or Taiwan. They're cheaper, and they don't fit as well.

Taiwan parts being slightly better than China.

OSIR products, however, are built in house in Hong Kong. I've been to their "Factory" or sorts before, and their stuff does fit well, and is high quality.

Not outsourced to China like a lot of other parts are.