GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bunch of easter eggs...........

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
Automatic turn signals (for changing lanes)

I've noticed that when changing lanes, you don't have to press the turn signal stalk all the way down or up (where it clicks into place). If you just bump it, the turn signal will flash for about 3 seconds. Doing this prevents you from accidently leaving the blinker on while driving (which most people hate).

I guess the only reason to "click" the turn signal would be if you were stopped and turning.

dunski

Go Kart Champion
i love the window trick, awsome tips!

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
i couldn;t get the window trick to work on my GTI...did i do something wrong? IS there something else that I would have to do? THis would be incredibly helpful to me (in Arizona)

:confused: :eyebulge:

NewYorkMike

So hot right now. . .
i have read of an option which would require the Vag-Com to turn on regarding the windows...maybe this is it. Now to find someone wwith a vag com in arizona

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
i knoticed yesterday that with the wipers on in normal not intermittent, and you comp to a complete stop they then go automaticly to intermittent and then back to normal when you start driving. If they are on high they go to normal at the stop. :w00t: while driving any other car the first thing i noticed i do is turn my wipers down when i am stopped. now v dub representin deutchland does it for you :headbang:

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
NewYorkMike said:
i have read of an option which would require the Vag-Com to turn on regarding the windows...maybe this is it. Now to find someone wwith a vag com in arizona

let me know when you do. We can all mooch!

ACgolf

Formula One Champion
Do all the MKV GTI comes with the rear wiper feature, when we reverse, the rear wiper will wipe once? My GTI is not here yet, but i can imagine this being very annoying especially when my car is dry during the summer season, and everytime i park the rear wiper wipes... Could this be swtiched off some how?

This has only happened to me in the rain. It doesn't do it every time. I believe it has the water sensor. Since some people claim that the GTI has rain sensors for the wipers, they must have been confused and not told it's the rear only.

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
So they all come with a sensor to auto close the roof when it rains? Hmmm....

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
ACgolf said:
Do all the MKV GTI comes with the rear wiper feature, when we reverse, the rear wiper will wipe once? My GTI is not here yet, but i can imagine this being very annoying especially when my car is dry during the summer season, and everytime i park the rear wiper wipes... Could this be swtiched off some how?

the rear only wipes when yo have the front wipers on and you put it into reverse and it will wipe once

marx92x

Autocross Newbie
loccusst said:
So they all come with a sensor to auto close the roof when it rains? Hmmm....

I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but I don't think they do. I was under the impression that it was only the premium trim with the rain sensing washers that will close the sunroof.

Anyone with pkg 1 care to leave their roof open in the rain so we can settle this?

I would volunteer, of course, but it hasn't rained in Phoenix in over 130 days. darn.:biggrin:

Texas_MkV

FIA World Rally Car Champion
marx92x said:
I could be wrong (and please correct me if I am) but I don't think they do. I was under the impression that it was only the premium trim with the rain sensing washers that will close the sunroof.

Anyone with pkg 1 care to leave their roof open in the rain so we can settle this?

I would volunteer, of course, but it hasn't rained in Phoenix in over 130 days. darn.:biggrin:

Lol