My DaiLy_ProJecT • Golf MKV GT

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
I'm on my way to receive a supra gearbox for my main project
I'll get back to you later with replies to the questions hehe

Brb

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Thanks guys, just returned home, and I am smiling like a fool. Reason is my new purchase

Copying the post from my Audi Build threads

So it has been some while with no updates here. Or not.

Either way, I have not been lazy. I was always looking to find the right time to go for a gearbox. Searching here and there, things were not easy.

One option that appeared, was a re-inforced auto one, from TITAN, that could easily stand 900whp, and has already done 9sec passes.
Drivable in the streets . . . BUT . I dont know, if I can live with an auto on the streets. I dont just want the car for strips. I also want it to have fun on my own on the street if and when I choose to. So . . . I couldnt go for the auto one, despite its being stronger, according to TITAN than the manual one, and almost three times cheaper if you also add the cost of the clutch to follow in this project . . .

So, in the end, I decided to go for a new manual one , from TOYOTA, not refurbished one, a brand new one, through TITAN Motorsports.

However, at that same time, this Supra from Greece

Informed me, that after a race, the owner was thinking of letting the manual go, for the sake of a THS-300, a 3-gear auto one, drag-queen-to-be.

So, despite the fact that I would very much prefer a new one, over a used one, that I would not know, the use it had, the potential damage or rebuild cost, with this one, that wasnt the case. We even had a ride in the Supra, and saw that it seemed to have no problem at all shifting in 9000rpm, pretty logical if one takes into consideration that this car was rarely used. So we made a deal to not only take the gearbox, but more things that were on it, like the shifter, the shifter linkage- which is Supra MKIV Short shift, TRD Gearbox mount, the valves, the slave cylinder, and what is more the first part of the central axle to be used maybe later.

So it was an offer I could not let go, and grabbed it. I know I could buy a new car with its cost. Or two. Or three. But I could not go for another gearbox.

Some pics of when it arrived in my garage. Me, smiling is an understatement.

Here you can see the TRD Gearbox mount, plus the very rare M11 Studs coming out for the axle

Side removable caps that allo for playing with the clutch - I wish the VAG ones were like that too

Cleaning to come soon

Love the vintage feel in this

And I also got this

Fun Times to Follow

Cheers guys

blkmaggtsp74

Ready to race!
Lol it took me a week to read that whole Audi-buildthread on detailing world. Amazing work!!! And it keeps going...supra engine swap will be interesting to follow.

mgpdoc

Ready to race!

Then, after I returned home, I had something in mind . . .

The car was in serious need of a proper detailing session.
Both exterior and interior.

Dirty girl

Let's begin

At last

Clean again

As for these

They are a keeper on the daily

I will also install some studs like I have on the Audi

Cheers :D :D

gsotiris

Car(s)
golf v gt
Καλησπέρα μπο;ρε;ίς να μο;υ; πε;ις από πο;υ; πήρε;ς το;ν λε;βιέ ταχυ;τήτων και πο;ιο; το; κόστο;ς;ε;υ;χαριστώ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
Δυστυχως, ουτε καν θυμαμαι πια. Δεν ειναι κατι ιδιαιτερο, ενα αυθεντικο carbon fiber λεβιεδακι ειναι. Οχι φτηνο, αλλα ακριβη τιμη, δε θυμαμαι. ;-)

mgpdoc

Ready to race!
So, I know I shouldnt, but I couldnt.

Why is the hood open

Hmmmm . . .

A thing in here has to go . . .

Here is a hint. It has to do with this.

You guessed correctly. Bye bye OEM DownPipe.

Go back to Germany

Wont miss you one bit

Did I say I love the wheel setup even more now I washed it

Sexy

Didnt take long to fabricate the new DP

Ofcourse left it unpolished.

Then it was time for a spin

Happy with how it came out to say the least, and the car was happy to gain some power as well, especially in the boost-in-minute.

The sound became even better as well, pretty well for such a small engine.

All in all, love it, and made me smile more than expected :D

YAYO

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Fahrenheit
beautiful build and great work, keep it up!