GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to STI?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The guy who tinted my windows needed an extra half hour to get the door panels off as well as the hatch panel. He did an incredible job, though

Maybe if I have mine redone, I'll have them take the door panels off. I'd like to get the back two windows done in limo.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
My gitty was limo in the back. :) so dark.

I have 18% or 20% on the side windows and limo on the hatch. IL only allows limo on the back 3 with nothing on the front. Or, if you run 20% in the front, you are supposed to have 50% in the back or something along those lines.

Most people have 35% all around (except windshield) because that's legal. But, 35% is not dark at all and IMO, that's the whole point of tint.

I'm shocked I don't get hassled all that much.

freshpots

r'zub n t'zug
Car(s)
'22 GTI, '19 GT350R
I have 18% or 20% on the side windows and limo on the hatch. IL only allows limo on the back 3 with nothing on the front. Or, if you run 20% in the front, you are supposed to have 50% in the back or something along those lines.

Most people have 35% all around (except windshield) because that's legal. But, 35% is not dark at all and IMO, that's the whole point of tint.

I have limo on the hatch/rear windows (I'm 2 door) and 18% in the fronts.. I've gotten into the habit of just rolling down my windows whenever a cop is near so he can see my seatbelt. Although one time I saw a cop parked, so I pulled up and asked him if my tint was legal.. He kinda shrugged his shoulders and said that he could see me fine

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I have limo on the hatch/rear windows (I'm 2 door) and 18% in the fronts.. I've gotten into the habit of just rolling down my windows whenever a cop is near so he can see my seatbelt. Although one time I saw a cop parked, so I pulled up and asked him if my tint was legal.. He kinda shrugged his shoulders and said that he could see me fine

Yeah haha. Well, get this. Back over the winter when I had obnoxious blue steelies and all of the stickers on my hatch, I had a Sheriff make a U-turn and eventually pull me over. He gave me 3 tickets totaling $100.

No front plate, loud exhaust, and stickers on the hatch. Wait, what? "Obstruction of view." It's limo tint! Even on a sunny day, I can barely see out of it in the first place. And I know Sheriff's in the area have tint meters, but he didn't even see that my tint is clearly darker than the limit. The loud exhaust and no front plate I can see, even though I absolutely hate that we are required to have them.

Needless to say, I'll be painting the steelies silver and I took all of the stickers (except the GolfMkV forum sticker and two Unitronic stickers on the side windows) off. The exhaust stays.:biggrin:

99% of the pullovers in my car have been due to equipment violations though. No front plate, tint, loud exhaust once, and the stickers once.

I've had one moving violation in the car since I've owned it. Hell, only two moving violations since driving in 2004! One was in my company car on bad tires in the rain with no ABS. Lady cut me off at a merge down and slammed on the brakes because traffic stopped. I had no where to go and literally hit her at 5mph and the cop gave me a ticket "failure to avoid an accident." The other was me speeding in my car back in 2009 or 2010.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
You know, some days I miss my Stg2 2011 WRX, but then I drive the Mustang and I forget all about it!

Seriously though, enjoy it. They're beautiful cars and they love the snow. Have fun and be safe.

Subie2013

Humble yourself

Legit limit is 28% here, fucking random if you ask me. But most shops won't do anything lower then 35%. HP's are anal dick nuggets here too. My eye brow is illegal, and the rest is legal only because I thought 35% looks the best. I've never been pulled over in the gitty though because of tint. I have a 2 door, back is limo and the front two are 20%. I also had tinted lisence plate covers which are illegal, but fuck it. Haha I'll take the warning.

leftcoastR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW R32-Titan 4x4
That's a really clean STI... I have had a couple of Subies,(a 05 & 08 Lgt and specB, both stg2 with coils,ect...) I loved both of those rides but its hard to work on that boxer engine. Try changing spark plugs on one of those blocks, any valve work you have to pull the engine. But...awesome rides! I do agree on a spoiler delete, much better.

I'm lovin my v-dub...

Subie2013

Humble yourself
As requested. Sorry just cell phone pics, and terrible terrible lighting. Haha
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295169.721150.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295183.122286.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295192.892066.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295209.183123.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295223.447967.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295235.180999.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295246.977963.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372295258.576025.jpg

GTIIII

WATRUDOIN
Once i get into the shipyard my dude. My goal is to get the gti stanced out and paid off before i get another car.