GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone interested in buying a Haldex performance uint?

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
What up with the non-stealth controllers? :(

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Looks like these units are from Neuspeed and nuespeed only carries the blue one. Mine goes back to them today :frown:

You returned it or just getting it replaced because of the "defects"?

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
It seems ok...I see one of the pins inside the body of the unit isn't completely straight but I don't see how that will hurt anything as long as it all installs properly and is in contact with what it needs to be. We shall see.

I'm a bit disappointed about not getting the stealth controller and I thought only stealth controllers were available these days and I should have asked before buying. I purposely did not ask because most people hate it when I start asking questions and the picture you posted led me to believe I probably didn't need to but I'm going to go back and ask all the questions that other people don't, regardless of who it upsets again.

Darkneo

Passed Driver's Ed
It seems ok...I see one of the pins inside the body of the unit isn't completely straight but I don't see how that will hurt anything as long as it all installs properly and is in contact with what it needs to be. We shall see.

I'm a bit disappointed about not getting the stealth controller and I thought only stealth controllers were available these days and I should have asked before buying. I purposely did not ask because most people hate it when I start asking questions and the picture you posted led me to believe I probably didn't need to but I'm going to go back and ask all the questions that other people don't, regardless of who it upsets again.

That's what I thought too, I figured all controllers were stealth now.

leftcoastR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW R32-Titan 4x4
Ok, haven't ordered yet. What's the deal? As a semi-noob I don't like the feedback I'm seeing from this GB. Crappy controllers, Neo's was messed up. I really want to do this but am not sure yet to pull the trigger.

Any other feedback?

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
I'll let you know when mine is installed but besides not being the stealth controller and some questionable packaging, all seems fine to me. My guess is they come packaged like that from the manufacturer but not sure about it...it's a bunch of loose and somewhat delicate parts seemingly thrown in a plastic bag together, which is pretty ghetto.

As far as "stealth", if you don't know what that means...the OEM controller has a plain metal cover like the one pictured earlier in this thread so it it less noticeable for those concerned with VW service warranties and garbage like that. The one we got from this GB has a blue cover:

I wonder if we can just swap the cover with the OEM one?....

Darkneo

Passed Driver's Ed
You can always paint it silver :thumbsup:, seriously I'm not at all worried about it being blue. With all the haldex/diff tech issues we hear about, I'll be surprised if they even know what color it's suppose to be. We are still going to have a wire coming out from it to run the switch, silver or blue doesn't matter if they see that :rolleyes:.

No worries guys about this GB, just an issue with a broken connector on one of the sensors on the unit I received. I sent the unit back and hoping to get a replacement next week. :biggrin:

leftcoastR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW R32-Titan 4x4
Ok, stealth/no stealth...doesn't matter to me. The wireless controller is the same as like hpa sells? No warranty on my R with 132,500mi on it...

How long does the GB run?