GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone interested in buying a Haldex performance uint?

leftcoastR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW R32-Titan 4x4
Ok, thanks neo... That $1100 price doesn't come with the remote? Is it to late to get in this GB?

I want to know if anybody "open source" tunes there R32 or this is the best way to go.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
Hey leftcoast

There are no real open source tuning options I know of; I have seen 1 person do that with a MK6 diesel so it is possible, but it requires some specialty equipment to do. There are numerous tuners who provide Staged tunes for these cars; probably the best regarded in the community is United Motorsport, followed by Unitronic, Revo, or APR. Any of these can tune both your ECU and DSG controllers for better power and better transmission control of said power. :biggrin:

This GB is not for a "tune" as such, but a new controller for the Haldex AWD system itself. It replaces the stock controller and allows you to change between 3 pre-programmed settings for how aggressively the Haldex system responds to slip. Stock will be identical to how it behaves now; race will be more neutral and closer to how a Subie will handle.

The normal price of these is in the link posted; and does not include the controller; so this GB price is basically providing free controller and free shipping ;) You can still get in; I am waiting on the payment details so everyone can make their purchase so you have a little time still.

leftcoastR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
VW R32-Titan 4x4
@Saabstory... That was the input I was looking for, thank you. I'm pretty sure I'll want in this. What's the timeframe for needing the $$$ for this? Also what will be the eta on the unit once paid? TIA

I'm not looking to make a monster but I'm pretty sure this with a stg1 tune will make this ride even more enjoyable. :cool:

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
A stage I tune, DSG tune and Haldex controller make the R32 perform exactly how it should have directly from the factory. It still isn't an STI killer; but with those 3 mods alone it really starts to shine ;)

Look up United Motorsport and get their Stage I ECU/DSG combo tune ($799) http://www.unitedmotorsport.net/per...e-software/mk5-golf-r32-performance-software/

I'd say about a week on payment details, maybe a little less. Once those are up; probably ~2 weeks to get payments in and then 2-3 weeks on delivery, maybe less.

telaio

Ready to race!
Race-mode is the tits and I'm driving with the ESP always on. It must really kick ass with the ESP off!

whitekryptonite

MMM Ice Cream..
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
Ok so I got my money back from an off the cuff purchase. Is this still in effect?

If so where do I pay?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Saabstory

Car(s)
MKVI Golf TDI 6MT
OK folks, here are the gory details for you...

The group buy is for Haldex Performance ECUs, Wireless Controllers, either, or both. That's right; you can do a partial purchase and still get in on the GB pricing!

Prices are:

Gen II ECU $840
Wireless Controller $300
Shipping $20

Total for both items: $1160 Shipped to the Lower 48.

Anyone in Canada can join in for a total cost of $1200 ($840 ECU, $300 Controller, $60 Shipping)

To purchase;
  • Call Supreme Power at 714-632-1951 x225 9a-6p Pacific time.
  • Ask for Tam. (If he is unavailable ask for Eric).
  • Tell Tam you are calling to purchase the Gen II Haldex for the "Allset Paul Group Buy."
  • Purchase and pay (Credit Card or Paypal is fine, they'll give payment details according to your choice).
  • Profit!

If you have questions/issues, let me know and I'll do what I can to help out. :thumbsup:

Slave IV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV R32, B5 S4
Ah heck...I think I'm gonna have to scrape up the funds and get in on this. I'll call in on Monday. Thanks again for setting this up!