GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spare tire....full size??

Tr!tan!um

Schnellen geher!
Car(s)
2008 GTI, white
I'll admit it - i had to google the words "prolonged", "diameter", and "prematurely". I don't even know what a differential is. Here in Alabama school stops at grade 7 or age 25, whichever comes first, then its off to the coal mines to watch Nascar.

I guess i should have put the sentence "this may be less of an issue with VW, but in general is good info..." in bold so y'all yanks could read it between the gaps in your attention span.

Illiterate-Small-Town-Redneck-Hick-Sterotype, out.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'll admit it - i had to google the words "prolonged", "diameter", and "prematurely". I don't even know what a differential is. Here in Alabama school stops at grade 7 or age 25, whichever comes first, then its off to the coal mines to watch Nascar.

I guess i should have put the sentence "this may be less of an issue with VW, but in general is good info..." in bold so y'all yanks could read it between the gaps in your attention span.

Let me get this straight, because I don't want to seem insensitive. So you go to the coal mines to watch NASCAR? I didn't know they let you watch TV while working there. And NASCAR is an acronym, so all of the letter are capitalized. Oops, there I go, assuming you know what the words "acronym" and "capitalize" mean. Here you go: http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/acronym http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dictionary/entry/capitalize And do you know what NASCAR is an acronym for?

justinm001

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm thinking a quality repair shop would have smoothed it down. How much weight was needed to balance it?

Just finished having it installed and mounted. all weights were 1/4lb and took 2 in back and 5 in front. Front was close to where weld is and back was a 1/4 off almost 1/2 from weld. Weld was in back.

Lucidity

Marx

That would be a good defense, had you not tried to single me out for rocking four "donuts" (your words not mine), while mentioning I'd probably die as a result of using them...

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Can we not lose sight of the fact that OP is a dingus who does 110 in parking lots "trying to be safe"?

Also, what's with the euro crowd obsession with steelies and making your car look like cheap, ratty shit? "I paid for a $25k car, but want it to look like a $15k car, on accounts of me being so Euro-awesome. Bags. Steelies. Stance".

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Can we not lose sight of the fact that OP is a dingus who does 110 in parking lots "trying to be safe"?
Honestly, I think it is probably more likely that the OP is a liar exaggerating his story for some reason.
Also, what's with the euro crowd obsession with steelies and making your car look like cheap, ratty shit? "I paid for a $25k car, but want it to look like a $15k car, on accounts of me being so Euro-awesome. Bags. Steelies. Stance".
In my case its just for my snow tires. I blew all my money on the car. None left for fancy wheels for the three months out of the year where the car will be coated with road salt and filth anyway. At ~$35/ea the steel wheels were hard to say no to.

I had wheel covers on for a while, then lost 2/4 in a 1 week period. Decided wheel covers weren't for me.

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
I blew all my money on the car. None left for fancy wheels for the three months out of the year where the car will be coated with road salt and filth anyway. At ~$35/ea the steel wheels were hard to say no to ...
Makes me feel lucky that I found a set of mint take-off VW alloy 16s
on Vortex classifieds for that exact same price ($140/set).

Your NH winters are a bit more severe than OH winters,
so while the wheels / car do get coated with salt / grime during the winter,
there are an equal or greater number of days here where the roads are clear and dry.
As soon as the bad weather clears, I wash away all the salt until the next storm. :wink:

utekineir

Banned

Appliance cars got rims so we're taking steelies back.

Kinda like the black dudes in Rock bands when eminem got big.

Don't believe bubba, he doesnt do it cause the wheels and tires for snows are cheaper in 16, or that they handle basketball sized potholes better. Hes got a roof rack, and on weekends puts a fixxie up on it and goes to the local market basket for photo sessions with his crew.

Only on weekends though, leaving the bike up all week totally kills commuting mpg.

nhbubba

CEL free until 48,398 mi
Makes me feel lucky that I found a set of mint take-off VW alloy 16s on Vortex classifieds for that exact same price ($140/set).

I bought mine from TireRack. Bought them as a package with the snows. The whole setup came pre-mounted and balanced ready to mount. That was also possibly the best balance job I've ever had on a set of wheels and tires.

In all I was delighted with the price. And no rolling the dice dealing with private sellers through classifieds or CL.

Winter mode:

Should be back before I know it.

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
I bought mine from TireRack. Bought them as a package with the snows. The whole setup came pre-mounted and balanced ready to mount. That was also possibly the best balance job I've ever had on a set of wheels and tires.

What did you pay for that set-up on tirerack?

Lee.k

Ready to race!
Just blew a new tire and busted my 19" wheel. The spare looks like full size.. Contiprocontact. But has max 50mph sticker on steelie. I was able to go 110+ without problem but wanted to make sure it is full size and that sticker doesn't mean anything. I have stock wheels but tires are old snow tires and pretty worn. Can I drive on spare for couple weeks or should I swap to stock fronts. Its my front drivers tire

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Wow! All manufacturers will note do not exceed while they are still able to handle a lil higher speed or spec. But that's just cya for them. Hmmmm. Just a thought ya blew a prolly expensive rim and tire prolly while driving like an idiot and then ya did dbl the manufacturers "rated" speed spec on the spare AND ya don't think the sticker means anything cuz ya lived to tell just once? Take sum sound advice and sell that sweet ass ride before u total the shit outta it and let someone with sum common sense take over. Or pm me when it's time to part out what's left when u finally believe the sticker on the tire. Later

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Your a dumbass^ no one was talking to you and you type a random paragraph that was poorly written and attacked the guy. Typical jersey douchebag