GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 2+ vs Camer SS

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
Nice. Yeah, it should be a good race regardless. But yeah, if your buddy was running 14's in a modded SS, that's not the best of driving skills. But maybe it was his first time. I know the first time I took my GTI to the strip, I freaked out, bogged the car, and ran a 15.9@93 against a low 13 second RWD TBSS. It was humiliation hahaha. By the end of that day, I was running 14.8's I believe. This was also back in 2007.

lol, my first time was even worse..i rolled up, put it into launch control, wroom wroom....10 second later guys knocking on my window like wtf are you doing you need to pull up to the light :iono: haha, completely stock my best was 14.5, with a CAI and 3" TBE i managed a 13.9, Im hoping i break into 12s with the fmic and hpfp and some slicks

TSiUG

sleeper...
lol, my first time was even worse..i rolled up, put it into launch control, wroom wroom....10 second later guys knocking on my window like wtf are you doing you need to pull up to the light :iono: haha, completely stock my best was 14.5, with a CAI and 3" TBE i managed a 13.9, Im hoping i break into 12s with the fmic and hpfp and some slicks

if you break into the 12s I am going to throw my k04 in the trash, lol:biggrin:

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
If they have been beaten on you should take them but it will be very, very close. I've raced two clean LS1's(a WS6 & an SS) & I took both from 20-110 by half a car. We also ran from 40-120 & they both took had me at their back tires. Shifting is gonna be the difference as long as the LS1 is stock. Even a lid will give them the advantage

BTDUBS

The Interceptor
Car(s)
Fiat 500 Abarth
It's a trap!

bhmkv

Auto Body Appraiser
Car(s)
07 CW GTI
Ran a new camero- lost- we were side by side and hit 100 and he pulled pretty hard- like 4-5 cars and i shut down.

Last edited:

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
So got my fmic on, and my hpfp will be back from apr on monday and hopefully i can retune then or tuesday. We set the race up for tuesday against the "moded" SS, ill use my go pro to get the race on vid...i was thinking i don't just want to beat this guy i want to REALLy beat him bc of all the shit talk, so maybe i should run what i have left of that 100 octane in my garage,, any thoughts?

MDgti08

Go Kart Champion
^shit yeah, why not? thats what u bought it for. put two gallons in and youre good to go. just get your tune from apr for the pump and drive around for a little for the ecu to get used to the new pump and mapping.

Garabins

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTI
^shit yeah, why not? thats what u bought it for. put two gallons in and youre good to go. just get your tune from apr for the pump and drive around for a little for the ecu to get used to the new pump and mapping.

:thumbsup:

koyhis

AAAA!
I ran '10 camaro ss yesterday and it was pretty much side by side, i pulled a little.

^stg1 leon cupra

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
I've ran an LS1 with headers and exhaust. From roll it was pretty much dead even up until the higher speeds. At which point the V8 simply had more breath then my 2.0 did. I'd say from 20-100 you probably can keep it a pretty damn good race. Above that though, expect to get pulled. Not too hard, but definitely pulled.

Davidsfl57

Ready to race!
Car(s)
vw
So got my fmic on, and my hpfp will be back from apr on monday and hopefully i can retune then or tuesday. We set the race up for tuesday against the "moded" SS, ill use my go pro to get the race on vid...i was thinking i don't just want to beat this guy i want to REALLy beat him bc of all the shit talk, so maybe i should run what i have left of that 100 octane in my garage,, any thoughts?

Hope you got the 100oct tune.