GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dealer/Salesperson recommendations for SoCal?

cjsuh

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi all,

I'm in the market to buy a GTI in the next couple months. Can anyone offer up suggestions for a dealer/salesperson? Perhaps the person who sold you your GTI? I know I will probably end up having to shop twenty dealers off each other, but to the extent that I can cut down on the lead time by talking with someone you are already familiar with, well that would just be very helpful. Also, if you think any of these dealers/salespeople would be receptive to a referral (e.g. "Mike, who bought a GTI from you last month, told me to talk to you") please let me know your name and who you dealt with at which dealership.

Thanks!

steeevo

Oval Newbie
san juan capistrano. one of the largest lots in SoCal and if they have the car, they will WANT to sell you it. unlike most vw dealerships around here. One thing though, DO NOT deal with murrieta. the have got to be the worst dealership to deal with.

onthevirg

Oval Champion
I had a really good experience w/ Commonwealth in Santa Ana. The lady I dealt with was Cathy, the fleet manager I believe.

Deezz_Nuttz

What's a User Title?
Livingston VW in Woodland Hills. Ask for Steve or Marcus, tell them Jason sent you (the guy who bought the white GTI) and they'll treat you right. :thumbsup:

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
In New Century VW in Glendale, Carlos was a great man to deal with.

DON'T go to Mckenna in Norwalk. The customer service was rubbish.

pgraulty

I second that. Dont go to McKenna in Norwalk. Juan Carlos is an ass. He wouldnt even let me test drive it because he didnt want to put miles on it. I asked him how he expected me to buy a car I didnt even drive and he said, "let's drive an A3. its exactly the same." what an ass.

commonwealth in santa ana is where i ended up buying mine. thats a good dealership.

reddvdub

VF Engineered R32
Car(s)
08' TR .:R32
Bob Baker VW in Carlsbad. Ask for Milton.....Tell them Preston w/ the Red GTI sent you. Great service and will beat anyones price around!

KaynE

FIA World Rally Car Champion
pgraulty said:
I second that. Dont go to McKenna in Norwalk. Juan Carlos is an ass. He wouldnt even let me test drive it because he didnt want to put miles on it. I asked him how he expected me to buy a car I didnt even drive and he said, "let's drive an A3. its exactly the same." what an ass.

commonwealth in santa ana is where i ended up buying mine. thats a good dealership.

LOL I went to Pasadena VW to test drive the GTI and went to New Century to buy one. He did give me the best deal out of the 3 other salesmen I had to deal with.

dpham00

Modérateur Emeritus
KaynE said:
In New Century VW in Glendale, Carlos was a great man to deal with.

DON'T go to Mckenna in Norwalk. The customer service was rubbish.

picked up my 07 gti from mckenna norwalk last saturday. no probs here. the salesman moved things along nicely. can't comment on their service though. they're too far from my house anyway to go for service.

MCDGexx

Future Navy Corpsmen
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm from murrieta, anybody had experience with them? Steevo said they're bad, anybody else had bad experience with hem?

Remus6

ViVa La Fuga!WLF
Speaking of dealers, I went to a local dealer in SD and they quoted me $533 for a Votex rear valence, painted. Does that sound right to you guys? Because VW at San Juan Capistrano gave me a completely different quote. They told me $517 unpainted.

I'm not sure if my local dealer is puling my leg, or is clueless because I had to show him in their own brochure that this part existed. Initially, when I first came in he said, and I quote, "those are not out yet." I had to prove him wrong by showing him on his own brochure, it's sad I think.

So, if any of you know someone from a dealer, a verification would be great. Thanks in advance.