GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear speakers work when they want to.

pmoore_

Hey guys, I've had my GTI for over a year and since I got it the rear speakers have really been hit or miss. My front wall speakers work perfectly, but those are the only consistent ones. Occasionally, I'll get clear sound, with no bass, from my right rear speaker and once in a blue moon I'll get some bass from it. The left rear one seems to never work. To compensate for this issue I naively installed a subwoofer and linked its connection to my rear left speaker. That used to work but it just went out and I have no idea why. Does anyone have a clue as to whats wrong with my car and how to go about fixing it? Wiring? Blown speakers?

Thanks!

Pissat4motion

Time Lord
Hey guys, I've had my GTI for over a year and since I got it the rear speakers have really been hit or miss. My front wall speakers work perfectly, but those are the only consistent ones. Occasionally, I'll get clear sound, with no bass, from my right rear speaker and once in a blue moon I'll get some bass from it. The left rear one seems to never work. To compensate for this issue I naively installed a subwoofer and linked its connection to my rear left speaker. That used to work but it just went out and I have no idea why. Does anyone have a clue as to whats wrong with my car and how to go about fixing it? Wiring? Blown speakers?

Thanks!

I'm having a similar issue with my car but not quite to the extent of your problems. Passenger side sometimes works, sometimes not.

If you open up your car door, there is the rubber cover for the wiring pass through. Pull that back and see if there are wires that are separated. It's sort of a known issue.