GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locked CD Player

c.ruddy

Can anyone help me unlock the standard cd player in my mark 5 golf.. the radio works it just wont read cds and keeps showing "service" on screen when i put cd in..

thanks

White_GTI_08

APR Authorized Dist.
Car(s)
2008 Candy White GTI
give the the sreial number on the radio and i can get you the code to unlock it.

Azzurri

Ready to race!
Just a guess, but I'm willing to bet as this is a 3 year old thread and the guy hasn't logged in since 2012, that you may not be hearing back from him. Though this is purely just speculation ;)

Try giving your local dealer a call, if you just give them your vin and the serial # on the radio, a lot of the time they'll give you the unlock code. Or just call a dealer and say you work at a nearby stereo shop, that usually works too, haha.

Jayreds

Thank you Azzurri,

I'm new to the forum and got here just by googling my issue and decided to give it a try and respond to this thread.

I noticed as well that this is an old thread and the person who helped other people before hasn't logged in since 2012.

I did some more research and saw that different people end up having to contact the dealership to get these codes; long story short, I bought a used radio to replace the one my son's Jetta had because it started giving him an error code. Luckily, the guy who sold me the radio was able to get the VIN from the car that the radio was taken from and I called the Dealership with the Radio Serial Number and the VIN # and they provided me the code!

Thanks again for responding and hope my response helps someone in the future.