GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk OFF-TOPIC chat (Part 11)

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
Figured it was something embarrassing since he wasn't saying anything on here. To be fair, the roads in CA get really slick when it rains because of how rarely they get rain

I'm not really that embarrassed. I was going to fast and had no chance to stop. I mean my mistake but whatever. Road was hella flooded and I just didn't expect everyone to come to a complete stop on a freeway on ramp. Plus it was super dark out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
How are the tweaks to the new car blaine?

Did you get the one with the fancy bits?

I miss the frs it was a great car.

No I got the base. But all BRZs get the HID with LED running lights that look sick. I couldn't justify $30k for the limited. Don't care about the fogs, climate control, leather, heated seats, and heated mirrors but I would have liked to have the proximity key/push start. Can only get the performance pack for the brembos on the limited and then it's almost $32k MSRP. I paid $27.7 OTD.

The lower gears are nice. 4.3 rear vs 4.1 and taller 4-5-6 in the trans. Car feels quicker for sure.

That's why I basically just got the same car again. I New I'd regret getting another car in that budget long term.

hairyblackrabbit

Powerful like a gorilla
How much is 2nd gear affected with the ratio change?

Yes still have rhe nc. The top nc from nats in str last year was in the area and co drove with me late last season. $ for $ the nc is awesome.

Friend of mine owns and another friend drove the nd that got 2nd in str @ nats last year.

Hes in 3-4x what i am in my nc it isnt a ton faster. I actually prefer how my car drives.

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
I haven't redlined 2nd yet because I'm still in break in but it feels noticeably lower.

Yeah I could have gotten a co-drive in another 86 but wanted something different. I'll get the BRZ ready for STX next year.

But I ordered shocks already lol