GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Auto-Leveling Headlights Issues.. NEED HELP!

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Oh...well if that's the case, yeah you might have damaged it

BUT FIRST...I'd check the front sensor, and also try aligning/resetting the headlights with VagCom as well

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
sorry, just quick question, did you say your lights are flickering, like when you look at the beam on a wall they seem to wiggle almost?

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
Mine did that a while back, took it in and the motor that moves the head lights up and down was broken. They would point straight down and shake as I drove along. Dealer had to replace the drivers side headlight assembly. Had nothing to do with the leveler arms at the front or the rear.

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
Have you scanned for any codes?

If you have vagcom you can go to 55 headlight range MB 002 1 and 2 and read %. 1 should be between 12.5-50% and 2 between 50-87%. MB 005 1 and 2 show learned values, 3 and 4 show movement. With the car Stationary and no one in car you should not see movement in numbers. Push down on the rocker panel and watch the numbers change.

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
Have you scanned for any codes?

If you have vagcom you can go to 55 headlight range MB 002 1 and 2 and read %. 1 should be between 12.5-50% and 2 between 50-87%. MB 005 1 and 2 show learned values, 3 and 4 show movement. With the car Stationary and no one in car you should not see movement in numbers. Push down on the rocker panel and watch the numbers change.

No I do not have a vag com, and am not really familiar with how to use it.

GTI's

Drag Racing Champion
A scan might tell you what sensor is not working correctly or if a wire is shorting or the module behind glove box has issues etc. How about if you unplug the rear sensor and see if anything changes.

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
A scan might tell you what sensor is not working correctly or if a wire is shorting or the module behind glove box has issues etc. How about if you unplug the rear sensor and see if anything changes.

Quick Update: Last 2 days my headlights seem to be stable and not moving up and down, maybe it fixed itself?:happyanim: Who knows ...:biggrin::biggrin:

09FrostWhiteGTI

09FrostWhiteGTI
Car(s)
2009 Volkswagen GTI
So I bought a new rear auto level sensor the other day, as my lights just kept flickering. I installed it and sad to say it still has this problem. It flickers up and down and some times even flickers the high beam , what can this problem be?