GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

what did you do to your mkv today?

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
I was just looking at one of those a few days ago and considering it. The A/C Pro can that's like $35?

The Dupont r134a that's like $10 and a cheap hose with a gauge. Filling the system with excess oil and leak stopper is just as bad as using one of those single hose with a guage deals.

The instructions for most of those kits is not correct. The car has a variable displacement compressor so I just filled it while the A/C was on max until it leveled out at ~30 PSI (Just inside the green). The instructions for most of those kits is not correct. This is all temperature dependent and really requires a manifold set to do properly.

Harbor freights one is not terrible and is only $48 with a 20% off coupon, a can of good r134a is another $10, assuming you dont have a massive leak $60 will fix most issues.

xSabretoothx

Fast w/ training wheels
Car(s)
2008 GTI
^ Do you have a build thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
on my facebook yes, but not here. Its nothing high end by any means and no where near as fancy as a lot of these guys on here but just search for @gtx3076r in FB and you'll find it.

Millennium Falcon

Ready to race!
on my facebook yes, but not here. Its nothing high end by any means and no where near as fancy as a lot of these guys on here but just search for @gtx3076r in FB and you'll find it.

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I love being able to post back in this thread :D

Today I de-stickered the car, hard wired my Valentine V1, Installed my Head Unit, Did all the vag-com mods, and fixed a fog light wire.

I also ripped the lip off the front bumper, and broke a bumper tab when pulling out of my driveway, and destroyed a fender lining lol.

glad to be back in the MKV life haha

Stranded in Daytona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
06 2 door TR GTI
I love being able to post back in this thread :D

Today I de-stickered the car, hard wired my Valentine V1, Installed my Head Unit, Did all the vag-com mods, and fixed a fog light wire.

I also ripped the lip off the front bumper, and broke a bumper tab when pulling out of my driveway, and destroyed a fender lining lol.

glad to be back in the MKV life haha

Trinimkv

Ready to race!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kokkie

Replaced an oil catch can.. Easy peasy.

Tried to install the forge oil catch can but failed. Everything was in and before I closed the cover, tried to start the engine up to test. Engine started, spluttered before dying off. Couldn't find out what I missed out, in the end reversed my installation back to the stock pcv valve and everything came alive again.

Guess I was just too tired when I did this. Realised I forgot to shut off the intake valve. Dang.

Just gonna do this again next week.

Rgds,
Jack