GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG Recall/Extended Warranty

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
Has anyone gotten their DSG services under the extended warranty? I feel like my car doesn't shift like it used to, lag time in between shifts etc. when shifting from park to drive or reverse, or reverse to park there's lag time and clunking before it makes it into gear. There are no codes thrown.
If you could please tell me what symptoms you had before replacing, that would be great.
Any help or advise would greatly be appreciated, I want to see if this can be the issue before I pay for the diagnostic at the dealer.
2009/64k miles

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Have you done another fluid change and adaptation with vcds? Try that first.

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
The warranty was extended by Volkswagen due to known issues, i'm trying to see if that is the problem I'm having.
Also, I didn't understand the first part of your post, care to elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
All of your shifting is controlled by the mech unit. The biggest issue is when hot first gear it'll stumble on its face then go.

I had my mechatronics unit swapped by VW due to following issues.

• Hesitation off the line
  • Banging into gears while downshifting from 3>2>1
  • VERY jerky reverse

I believe there we were more symptoms but these were the most visible ones. I can dig up my old service invoice if needed.

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I had my mechatronics unit swapped by VW due to following issues.

• Hesitation off the line
  • Banging into gears while downshifting from 3>2>1
  • VERY jerky reverse

I believe there we were more symptoms but these were the most visible ones. I can dig up my old service invoice if needed.

Was there any CEL? Or just the above symptoms?

DeepBlue

Ready to race!
Was there any CEL? Or just the above symptoms?

No CEL. Just really crappy gear management similar to a kid learning to drive stick from day one. Fixed by VW at 10k and again at 26k. VW had also extended DSG warranty to 10yrs/100k miles around that time.

Szczur33

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
I might try this, but living in Chicago will make it difficult to do the driving portion...[emoji52]