GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Custom Front Grill

edbeej

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a repost but I have been trying searching for it and haven't found much on this, but has anyone tried making the front grill more like the rs5 grill? Somewhat like the attachment? I know the bumper is there and whatnot but painting that portion black would cut out the ugliness from that area. I am sure this would be a totally custom made grill but with 3D printing nowadays it wouldn't be difficult with the right tools. Or maybe I am missing something? Or even better someone is selling something like this. Thanks for any feedback or answers!

Attachments

• mk5gtirs5grill.jpg
    mk5gtirs5grill.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 3,032

edbeej

Nice! I really wanted that color but only found a silver one that I couldn't pass up. That thunder bunny kit is nice too. I'm set on figuring out how to create that grill but if I give up I might get that kit. It has to be doable but might be too much to make one

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
What am I missing, why did Isoflyyy post in this thread?

OP, that grille would be a huge piece to 3D print, it's going to cost a ton and that's even if you find someone who can print it for you. Plus you're going to have to have a 3D model of what you want printed. The OEM grille has that strip in the middle to cover the front bumper.

Good luck though, curious as to what you can do...

Nitrorea

Ready to race!
If you're handy with a dremmel and some glue you could possibly somehow splice together two or three of the lower grill inserts and make one giant one?