GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cls 63 Amg

vantage

Ready to race!
Didn't end up driving the M6 :( .. BMW has the worst customer service ever I think, at least at this place, if you're going to BMW of Mississauga make sure you DO NOT deal with a guy by the name of Nelson.. total asshole. He looked at us like we were crazy when we said we were there to drive the M6 then he just walked away in the middle of talking about the car when he found out that we weren't interested in buying the preowned one they had there.

Apparently they don't do test drives on any of the M cars because of liability issues, eventhough we had made special arrangements. That's just stupid imo, I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl will at least want to drive a car for 15min before they drop $130k.

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
Didn't end up driving the M6 :( .. BMW has the worst customer service ever I think, at least at this place, if you're going to BMW of Mississauga make sure you DO NOT deal with a guy by the name of Nelson.. total asshole. He looked at us like we were crazy when we said we were there to drive the M6 then he just walked away in the middle of talking about the car when he found out that we weren't interested in buying the preowned one they had there.

Apparently they don't do test drives on any of the M cars because of liability issues, eventhough we had made special arrangements. That's just stupid imo, I'm pretty sure a lot of ppl will at least want to drive a car for 15min before they drop $130k.

If you're paying $130k for a car you don't want that car to have been thrashed on by a bunch of people who only wanted to go on a joy ride. I would be extremely hesitant to let anyone test drive a car worth that much unless they already had the paperwork started and were buying either that day or within the week. Think about the amount of money they're out if someone wrecks it, not to mention people who buy those kinds of cars want them to have less than 5 miles on the odometer.

vantage

Ready to race!
If you're paying $130k for a car you don't want that car to have been thrashed on by a bunch of people who only wanted to go on a joy ride. I would be extremely hesitant to let anyone test drive a car worth that much unless they already had the paperwork started and were buying either that day or within the week. Think about the amount of money they're out if someone wrecks it, not to mention people who buy those kinds of cars want them to have less than 5 miles on the odometer.

1) I don't expect them to let ppl drive brand new cars that they're selling as new, this one was used already
2) Mercedes handed over the keys to a car worth just as much and with just as much power, no questions asked, for the entire day, without the salesman
3) It's called insurance

Finnegan

The Drunken Irishman
1) I don't expect them to let ppl drive brand new cars that they're selling as new, this one was used already
2) Mercedes handed over the keys to a car worth just as much and with just as much power, no questions asked, for the entire day, without the salesman
3) It's called insurance

I'm not trying to insult you, I'm only trying to put things in the dealer's perspective.

Subaru will let anyone come in and test drive their STi's, Mitsubishi won't let anyone drive their Evo's unless you've already put money down. Some will, some won't. :iono:

vantage

Ready to race!
I'm not trying to insult you, I'm only trying to put things in the dealer's perspective.

Subaru will let anyone come in and test drive their STi's, Mitsubishi won't let anyone drive their Evo's unless you've already put money down. Some will, some won't. :iono:

Some will sell cars, some won't. My dad is going with the CLS now because he couldn't drive the M6. Had they let him drive it then perhaps it would've have swayed him to get it instead. BMW just expects the M cars to sell themselves, in this case they were wrong and lost $130k.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
good choice on going for the CLS. if i preferred the M6, id have instead got an M5 as its got more doors and is more spacious.