GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurocars build thread

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again

woofie2

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2011 GTI
So after i got it started and running, i noticed something wasn’t quite right. It ran decent but sounded like a Subaru. Got to troubleshooting and found out that i had swapped injector #1/2 wiring at the bulkhead connector. They were both firing, just at the wrong times. Swapped pins and runs much better now.

Had a small coolant leak at one of the turbo supply lines but that is fixed, and there is a tiny amount of oil seepage from the engine girdle plate. I ALMOST gasketed it when i pulled the oil pan to seal it but thought it would be fine. Engine will need to come out to seal it back up, but it’s such a small leak I’m going to try and put some miles on it to work out the other kinks before i pull it again
Pictured as a black and white scene from Young Frankenstein, "Its alive, Its Alive!"

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
Just had a different flavor of the same issue putting an 02M into my MK2 TT. I was able to run the stock driver axle, but the flange at the angle drive was a good 30mm inboard of the 02E that I pulled out. I ended up disassembling an inner CV and double stacked them as a spacer until Marty at Raxles got me sorted :ROFLMAO:

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Awesome man. I left here over 4 years ago, I think you had just started the motor build...and now it's finally running. Lol. Glad you're still here.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Any new updates? Did you manage to get the tt driveshafts you ordered from the UK?

Have the driveshafts and it runs/drives, but its in some sort of limp mode. At 100% throttle on the pedal, throttle body only opens max 30% when the engine is running. I can re-adapt it and it will go to 100% with the engine off, but it goes back to limp mode once its running again. Cheched the TB and wiring, all good there. Due to this I have no boost.