GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Odd year question

65beetle

Looking to get into a 06 but got really confused when i found the one i want. Was hoping the pros here can help. I've looked at several 2006 GTI's. This one looks like a MK4 but is titled as a MK5 since iam new to the GTI world I am not sure if their was a mid year change. It has the wider quarter Windows, flush long headlights,all leather interior and 1.8T motor. Must know otherwise title is from different year and i will back out of it. Forgot to check door for build date and carfax has no pics. Thanks for any knowledge and if this is dumb question. Only had air cooled so all is new to me.

Attachments

• 00k0k_6ojvYKwic93_600x450.jpg
    00k0k_6ojvYKwic93_600x450.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 291

65beetle

Thank you for clearing that up for me tried googling pictures of this and only came up with conflicting info. Any weak points to this year i should look out for. It only has 75000 miles and runs strong getting it for my daughter who had a dodge dakota v6 as her first vehicle. Now out on her own and needs reliablewith good gas mileage. Don't hurt it looks sweet.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
Thank you for clearing that up for me tried googling pictures of this and only came up with conflicting info. Any weak points to this year i should look out for. It only has 75000 miles and runs strong getting it for my daughter who had a dodge dakota v6 as her first vehicle. Now out on her own and needs reliablewith good gas mileage. Don't hurt it looks sweet.

06.5's are fairly reliable, there are people that actually look for that year MK4. Other than normal maintenance parts and occasionally ignition coil packs failing (like on almost all VW watercooled) there isnt much

65beetle

Again thanks for helping me i hope she is goong to let me drive it alot it was so much fun on the test drive. Now i am looking for one for me as i have a civic now. Sorry didnt mean to curse on this site

hemidesign

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mk5 Castrol 2008
this shit is a mk4.. stay away from this crap.. too many issues and problems... hahaha
mk5 is the way to go.. :thumbsup: