GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Need Urgent Help..Oil In My Rear Breather Tube..Blue Smoke On Deceleration.

Mego

Hi Guys,

i have blue smoke coming from my exhaust when cruising downhill with no gas on pedal,when i reach a stop and then start to move again i can see a puff of blue smoke out of my exhaust,i changed my front pcv and problem still exist,i removed my valve cover and couldn't make sure its cracked,but i saw some oil in my rear pcv(breather tube).
the car is an 2007 gti mkv with stage 2 tune(software+downpipe+intake).
the car runs fine and oil consumption is very good(less than half a quart in 1k mile).
i never see these puffs of smoke before going stage 2 with downpipe fitted since i have been stage 1 + intake for over 2 years but after going stage 2 the problem got started.

Any help would be much appreciated and im ready to answer any questions u ask in order to solve this problem.

Thanks again.

eurocars

5/17/15 - Never forget
Car(s)
2006 GTI
sounds normal. There is supposed to be oil in the rear pcv. As for the smoke, if you are using a catless downpipe, there will be no cat to catch the oil/extra fuel so you will notice it from the tailpipe. If you think there may be a mechanical issue, do a leak down (wet and dry) and compression test