GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone from Japan?

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
That time I was in Tokyo, 500 miles away, I couldn't even stand still while earth shaking. We evacuated our office, stayed out for an hour to see it stables. All trains, subways, highways are closed, even cellphone and SMS were down, couldn't contact with my family. It took me almost 6 hours walking back home. Glad my son and wife were safe. Still cellphones are difficult to engage, but internet is fine.

After the sun rise, as you've seen on TV, 400 deaths, 800 missing. There are new information that 2-300 bodies washed up at the beach, so the numbers of deaths are increasing. We also have problem of nuclear powerplant, one of them are having trouble cooling and de-pressuring the reactor.

On the news, hundreds of Infinity G/M/FX/EX, and R35 GT-R washed by tsunami and burned by fire. Nissan and Toyota have assembly lines around there, so it may affect delivery delay. Sorry for those ppl whose waiting for their car.

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
you can see how big tsunami was, compairing the airport runway size on the right hand side of the pic.
this photo was taken while wave rushes towards inland. the airport was completly sank under the water, and thousand ppl are waiting for rescue.

Attachments

• tsunami.jpg
    tsunami.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 326

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Thanks. my wife and kids are OK, but my brother was holiday windsurfing at the time. He lives on a distant place from the earthquake, didn't noticed because he was riding waves. Lucky that police came and announced the tsunami caution, he could save himself.

From today, we're going to the scheduled power shut down, 5 shift in each different regions. This power down will be continued till the end of April, at least 3 hours a day.

I always take trains to get to my office in central Tokyo, today my lines are closed due to this shut down. Unable to go to work, so I made myself staying in my house. Shutdown begins at 13:50 in my area.

See you then.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Well stay safe our fellow Golf friend. I saw that now theres a volcano erupting somewhere in southern Japan :yikes:

Seriously though, I wish you guys all the best....

daigo

Oval Newbie
Car(s)
Mkv GTI
Thanks merkey, I appreciate your thoughts.

I didn't know the eruption... today is 15th, but never mentioned on TV. Yea it did on 13th, just checked on the web. My sister in law lives not so far away, I was thinking of my wife and kids evacuate from Metro Tokyo to her place in Kagoshima, wishing they could avoid radiation, but it seems a bit risky because of the eruption...

Sis said its not such a problem from where she lives and are welcome, but I wonder if plane would fly to that direction.

Earthquake, tsunami, radiation, and volcano... so what comes next?

Oh, there comes another quake!!!!

Well stay safe our fellow Golf friend. I saw that now theres a volcano erupting somewhere in southern Japan :yikes:

Seriously though, I wish you guys all the best....

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
I'm from Japan too but nice and safe like Daigo.