GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A build I am very happy with - got all my info on this forum

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
x4 for the same reason as everone else. For that money you are in bbs territory anyhoo.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Well, at my own peril I give those kinds of inflammatory Internet postings minimal credence and they don't really influence me, anybody can type and post anything and make it look credible. Now if several people I am familiar with tell me they all have personally had bad dealings with a vendor and lost their own money, I hear it rather loudly.

And if the wheels break and the company has gone out of business, it can happen to just about any company, I will just deal with it. Buyer beware.

Yeah I like the 3 pieced forged look with some lip. To each his own right, that is just what I like. Again these are the street wheels, it will get a set of just track wheels/tires as well.

BBS were same or cheaper but not a choice because they were not custom, for the street I wanted a perfect fit nor did I want anything redrilled. For the track I am a little more flexible will probably get some Enkeis as they are cheap.

Anyway we will see if Watercooled can come through and deliver. My money is literally on them and I hope you are all wrong. If not, you may send me a big "I told you so" if down the road I come cryin like a baby.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Chris got the front calipers mounted so we could do some measuring today. Look pretty good, darn calipers are pretty big. These are from Rotorlab.

Last edited:

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Nice!

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Give a look to www.purwheels.com

www.wheelexperts.com/projects/pur

They have wide range of wheels, and they can customize anything you want too.
I wanna get one of it but the shipping, customs, taxes costs are extremely high.

This is the one I like [emoji116]

ik1015

beeee patient ^^
Car(s)
GLI
Well I am pretty sure I have made a wheel decision for the build. Going custom 3 piece so I can get them built and drilled just for my car/brake clearance.

I think with the fifteen52 fender flares, the big red Brembos that these wheels will finish of the look nicely. I am sticking with stock color theme and look for the car down to the restoring the red smile and GTI badges. After it is up and running it will get a front air dam treatment and some work to rear spoiler but subtle.

WatercooledIND BL8 - 18x9.5 possibly 18x10 - still in the process of measuring everything. 18x9.5 - 265/35 18x10 - 295/30

Let me know what you think of these wheels on my United Grey GTI with paint matched fender flares and big red brembos behind them.

CCW, Forgeline, Rotiform.... No WCI.

bon qui qui

Go Kart Champion
I've vote CCW. They're cheap (for a fully custom forged wheel), high quality, light, and good looking (imo). Forgelines are really great too, but they're a bit more on the expensive side. Rotiforms are made by MHT (loads of wheels are made by them), and good quality, but really expensive, and not particularly performance oriented.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR
Picked a couple new things for the build today. Little love for the rear suspension. I will never get this thing done if I don't stop buying stuff to install.

Mostic

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
VW Scirocco
Picked a couple new things for the build today. Little love for the rear suspension. I will never get this thing done if I don't stop buying stuff to install.

If you are in love with rear bushing too, then go for this kit;

KIT5239RK SuperPro Bushing Vehicle Kit - Control Arm-/Trailing Arm Bush

http://superpro.suspension.parts/kit5239rk

http://www.superpro.com.au/show-product/superpro-bushing- kit/orphan-KIT5239RK

The KIT5238RK is for street use and KIT5239RK is for track use.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Car(s)
MK 6 GolfR